Help me name my bastard child suspension!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ya but adding parts that have a history of failure was probably not the best solution.

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope you are revalving the icon coilovers.
They are over damped on their own, adding a second damper is going to make it ride like a tank...
Typically the coilover is revalved to stock or less damping, allowing the secondary bypass's adjusters to have some effect in the operating range.

OP
OP
iSurvive

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay, I'll bite. Naming the truck is one thing. I don't do that kind of thing, but I understand that a lot of people do. But naming the parts of your truck? That's a bit far to me. What if you don't name your exhaust system - will it get pissed and rust out in protest?

I do not have a name for my truck, and I never have named any vehicle. At most I've referred to it as "she". I'm not trying to name my suspension, Max or Carrie, just a brand and configuration.

This post was a light-hearted attempt to start a random conversation about mis-matched suspension parts. I think it makes a lot of sense when trying to describe my setup. It's very, very common for folks on FRF to refer to their suspension by Stages (and RPG isn't the only vendor).

It's way easier to answer the question "what suspension mods are you running?". I could run down the entire list, tell them it ain't their business, tell them to look for themselves, or say it's an RPG Stage 4 or Rogue Racing Stage 3. Same with the options you get on your Raptor. You would't list every option, but you might say Package 801a.

My suspension is a mixed bag, so saying it's an RPG Stage 4+++ isn't completely accurate. Most of the people on this site do use the vendors name when describing their mods. You've named every single brand for all of your mods, including your MagnaFlow exhaust. You could just say you added a performance exhaust. I believe you posted the name Airaid and the part number, where you could have said a cold air intake. Line-X, instead of saying spray-in bedliner, etc. You did that because people know exactly what you installed - there's no ambiguity.

Lastly, I know that some people get all fanboy (or all engineer) when you discuss shock brands- Fox vs Icon vs King. My decisions have put me right in the middle of controversy for sure.

Oh, and my Exhaust does have a name: MBRP 3 1/2 " Cat Back, Single Turn Down, T409, #S5242409, Stainless Steel. My previous one unmounted itself, opened my garage door, and ran away. The note I found on my truck said, "you should have named me, you uncaring bastard".

:favorites37:

OP
OP
iSurvive

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not mine. I meant that shit.

Rich, we will settle this at TRR, like real men! We'll drink beers and insult each other, and drink more beers, and talk Raptor shit, and drink more beer! Then I'll have Andrea snap another picture of you brushing your teeth half naked when you're hungover the next morning. Maybe I'll put an Icon sticker on your cowboy hat?! Nevermind, you never touch a man's cowboy hat.

:drink_nl: :argue: :chair: :drink_nl: :handshake: :party52:

:brokebackbiebs:

:madcow: