Hellwig Rear Sway Bar PN 7724

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm hoping that between the custom Deavers and Hellwig sway bar the wheel hop will be gone for good.
And if it handles better on the street it's a bonus for me.

OP
OP
MTUH3

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Installed my sway bar today!

I going to have to call them because like MTUH3 said the instruction are very vague as to how there are suppose to line up.
Also MTUH3 has the U-clamp brackets in a different area then the way I installed them, I installed mine closer the springs were as MTUH3 has them next to the diff.
When I call them tomorrow I'll find out the answers.

I'm going to try them at the softest setting this week and see how I like it.

View attachment 58459 View attachment 58460 View attachment 58461

View attachment 58462 View attachment 58463 Plenty of room for the new Diff cover!

Looks great. I hope you enjoy it. I just picked the location for the U-bolts, did not pay a bunch of attention. I was just trying to keep them away from any curves in the bar. I had some sort of interference, not sure what right now, that kept me from going further OB, but later this week I can crawl under there and try to remember what I was looking at.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My review on the sway bar.

I have to say I really like the way the truck handles around turns now.
There is a noticeable change when cornering around bumpy turns, the sway bar does a nice job of keeping the rear in line and not bouncing out.
Whether at highway speeds or side streets, in the past three days I have gained conference in taking corners a little faster.
I haven't noticed more stiffness when hitting pot holes, in fact it's more controlled, very very little sideways bounce.
Now keep in mind I run 38 to 39 psi. in the rear tires, so pot holes are not a big deal for me anyway.

I'm going to leave it at the softest setting for a while as I get even more use to it.

As for helping with wheel hop, that's a no :-( , well at least for SC guys.
But I did not waste my money!!!!
I would recommend this mod.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Doing this on my phone, that picture is freaking big I have scroll three times over and hit save or cancel several times. LOL

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MTUH3, I was able to put my U-Bolts towards the outside because I took the biggest flat head screw driver I own and pried the small metal clips upward that hold the break lines.
I saw this technic being done at KHC when I had my Deavers and driveshaft were installed.
l didn't want to take the lines out of the hook clip and tie them up to something else.
Hope that helps.

Last edited: