Hello from Raleigh, NC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a 2014 Oxford White with all the bells and whistles this thing has. I've been driving nothing but lifted Jeeps for the past 20 years or so. I've had a '73, '89, '91. '05, '08 and two '11s. I traded in my '08 for the Raptor and am loving it!

Haven't taken it off-road yet, but I'll put it through its paces. I got tired of my underpowered Jeep and uncomfortable street driving. Still have an '11 that my wife drives and will probably get another Rubicon in a year or two for strictly off-road.

I like the way the Raptor comes from factory and I'm not sure I want to do too much to the suspension other than the mid-perch adjustment. I like the tires, but may get some Method NV black wheels eventually. Certainly some lights!

Here's a photo of my '08 - I still don't have a photo of my Raptor:

IMG_3547.jpg

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome, there are a number of us from nc and sc that get together from time to time.

Witchy

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome. Pics? Here are some DIY mods from fellow FRF members. Let me know if I can help with anything.
https://raptor-svt.freedommotorsports.us/index.php?main_page=page&id=25
Love seeing more NC people on FRF. Here is our monthly brain storm thread.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=30332
This is the next meet up thread.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=37084
We typically meet up monthly. And sometimes impromptu weekly lol. We usually alternate between social meet ups and off road meet ups. You are always welcome to join us. Also check on face book for Raptors of the Carolina's as well as Mid-Atlantic Ford Raptor Association.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome from Fuquay Varina. Like Witchy said pleas join us on one of our normal monthly runs. If you haven't checked out the havoc in the hills, it is the best event on the east coast that is raptor related. We are also trying to get a group together to go to the uwharrie fall jamboree if your around on October 18th.

OP
OP
Taxman

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to be here. Thanks for the warm wishes. I looked at the Havoc in the Hills event, but the timing doesn't work well for me. I'm a CPA and have a deadline October 15 that just doesn't allow me time to get away before then. I may be able to get the the URE event though. I'm very familiar with URE having been there dozens of times with my Jeeps over the years. Although I can't imagine doing Daniels in the Raptor, the trail is just too narrow at times and others I'd probably get high-centered. But there are other trails that may work.

Where do folks meet in Raleigh on non-run meet and greets?