Has anyone removed the 6.2L badge?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sdraptor

Reaction score
Used a heat gun, slowly heated it from a distance (not to bubble the paint)Peeled off and used goof of.

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took it to my body shop guy. Wasn't too expensive. Had both 6.2s and tailgate Raptor taken off as soon as I took delivery.

ofcbarbrady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a thread somewhere on here about removing and painting new ones. No heat gun needed (you CAN use a hair dryer if you want). Fishing line and make sure you are pulling it towards you when you "saw" through the adhesive so you don't scratch the paint.

Last edited:

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Added mine!

lol I added them to my 2010! Just wanted evryone to know that I had the 6.2 and not the 5.4. Different strokes for different folks!

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
as stated above: heat the badge and surrounding paint SLOWLY and carefully with a heat gun from 12" - 18" until it's hot to the touch. Take some cheap fishing line and catch an edge behind the badge. Once you feel the adhesive just start using a saw motion with the fishing line to release (cut) the adhesive