Has anyone found a cheap solution to wheel hop/axle wrap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Travis_2308

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After having the truck for a few months now my only complaint is the ridiculous amount of wheel hop. Has anyone figured out a cheap solution to this? No I'm not willing to pay $1200 for springs, maybe when I'm a millionaire I'll think about doing that.

So far I've found some people have used an "add a leaf" and got it custom installed, or installed pro comp traction bars, but I can't seem to find too much information about them and also someone even mentioned the roadmaster active suspension "lol?"

Thoughts, input? who has a solution for me (preferably under $500)

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Summit racing sells a leaf spring clamp that you can install at the rear of your leafs. It keeps the springs from separating & lessens axle wrap under hard acceleration. It's an old school track trick.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The ONLY way to fix wheel hop on the Raptor without limiting travel...

Wait for it......

Is to get rid of leaf spring and 4 link the Raptor. Which is not easy or cheap.. Leaf springs (especially the Raptors) are subject to axle wrap/hop! Then when you add a supercharger/turbos/etc you make the problem that much worse. There is a reason why after spending 30k on his long travel setup that Chris Ross had the back half of his truck cut off to four link it and get rid of axle wrap/hop..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)