Has anybody run 38", 39" or 40" tires on the Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kevin1333

Reaction score
yes you can get them from robby gordons website. i spend 90 percent of my time in baja for work, so i need a reliable tire i have toyos now but i figured i would try the race specs.

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Took a lot of work to make Toyo 37" MTs fit with zero contact at full compression on mine. I've got an aftermarket front and rear suspension which allows for more uptravel though. Had to have new wheel wells in the rear and even the upper bracing in the front recessed, not to mention the pinch welds etc. Imagine there'd be a lot of fab work in your future. Netix had done 39s on a roughly stock suspension but with lots of time clearancing things.

Last edited:

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i get you like to joke around but I'm very serious about this i was just asking what was needed

I like to have a good time, sure. The above things are real. 37's are pretty easy. 39's are a whole new story. They are simply too large for a stock truck. Much will need to be done to accommodate them.

Feel free to seek other's recommendations, but I would suggest you stick with 37's.

Check with Kirk at Raptor Addict. He has some experience with these heavy modifications.

Good luck!!!

D

Deleted member 12951

What to do to the truck?
1. Take off both front fenders and leave them off.
2. Take off the bed and leave it off.
3. Change the gears
4. Driveshaft but that is optional

Will have enough clearance and might as well go to 40", and that's no joke.
Hope it helps.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What to do to the truck?
1. Take off both front fenders and leave them off.
2. Take off the bed and leave it off.
3. Change the gears
4. Driveshaft but that is optional

Will have enough clearance and might as well go to 40", and that's no joke.
Hope it helps.

Tires will still end up in the firewall........just saying

D

Deleted member 12951

39s toyos?

Tires will still end up in the firewall........just saying

Aftermarket UCA to put caster in the 7-8's to push the tire forward? Guess worse case, cut into the cab firewall and fabricate then paint. Not sure why I am even looking/posting on this thread, I know the OP is serious but a dumb idea if you ask me. Maybe we should be asking is will 39's fit on a Gen2 raptor?

Last edited by a moderator: