Hardwired Devices & Minimum Battery Voltage Cutoff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks. So, the retained accy power would either be on the for 10-15 mins delay, or go off when the drivers door is opened?

I am hesitant to get a true ignition on/off by tapping into the ignition wires. Lots of people seem to do it, but then they don't have all the sensors that a raptor has, so maybe not a fair comparison.

You can only get a 12V signal from the ignition switch if you have standard key start. However, there is BCM logic on this circuit, so adding anything to it is not recommended nor approved.

If you have push button start, there is no 12V feed from the switch. It’s a momentary contact switch; the BCM monitors the circuits to determine switch status.

As far as a an approved circuit to tap into, Ford does not provide any except for the upfitter switches, which is why they are offered to accommodate aftermarket equipment. I lost count long ago of the number of modules, especially BCMs, that I’ve seen bricked by the installation of aftermarket circuitry and equipment.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can only get a 12V signal from the ignition switch if you have standard key start. However, there is BCM logic on this circuit, so adding anything to it is not recommended nor approved.

If you have push button start, there is no 12V feed from the switch. It’s a momentary contact switch; the BCM monitors the circuits to determine switch status.

As far as a an approved circuit to tap into, Ford does not provide any except for the upfitter switches, which is why they are offered to accommodate aftermarket equipment. I lost count long ago of the number of modules, especially BCMs, that I’ve seen bricked by the installation of aftermarket circuitry and equipment.

Very helpful - thank you VERY much.

I'm either going to run some of these off an upfitter (super easy, but I might snooker myself in the future), if I need an extra one) or off the rear seat 12v outlet under the cup holders. If I don't open the door, it will stay on for a few mins, but shouldn't be a problem. thanks.

Last edited: