GROUP BUY: MBRP Turn Down WITH Resonator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
*** Since the initial group buy has been completed we can now take orders 1 at a time PM for details! ***

That's right! We made it happen and this will be a GotExhaust.com exclusive! Read below for details and post here if you are seriously interested in participating in this group buy. Non-Ford Raptor Forum members can email [email protected].

We have been in contact with MBRP and expressed the demand for their turn down style exhaust, without the cabin drone that some customers shy away from.

The group buy will start now and we'll continue to offer these kits if there's a solid demand. Once we have reached the minimum initial order of 5, we will place the order for production and continue to offer the kits to anyone after that. Full payment will be required within 3 days of when we have 5 participants. Estimated lead times are 3-5 weeks for production (possibly less).

The turn down with resonator will be offered in Aluminized Steel or T409 Stainless.

Retail pricing is as follows:

Aluminized Steel: $510.29
T409 Stainless: $612.41

GROUP BUY PRICING:

Aluminized Steel: $381.78 - Free Shipping to the Lower 48
T409 Stainless: $445.76 - Free Shipping to the Lower 48

42887d1393535588t-group-buy-mbrp-turn-down-resonator-mbrp-turn-down-res.jpg

FAQ:

What is a resonator?

A resonator is a small straight-through muffler filled with sound deadening material, which aims to reduce exhaust system resonance and vibration without having a major effect on exhaust tone. Exterior sound levels are typically reduced slightly, and the resonator will offer a smoother final tone than running without.

Will the Turn Down resonator completely eliminate cabin drone?

In many cases, a resonator will drastically reduce cabin drone, depending on the application. Some of the resonance and vibration with the MBRP Turn Down system can be attributed to the turn down style tip which exits under the Raptor's truck bed. Due to the nature of the turn down style exhaust, some vibration may be present under heavy acceleration. However, the aim of this kit is to drastically reduce audible drone at highway speed and under load.

I already have an MBRP turn down, can I buy just the resonator?

You can purchase the mid-pipe with resonator, however, it is quite costly. The aim of the group buy was to reduce the overall cost of adding a resonator to the MBRP turn down exhaust.

I have a 20xx ****CAB Raptor, will it fit?

Yes. The MBRP Turn down system will fit 6.2L 2010-2014 Raptor SuperCrew and SuperCab. SuperCab applications will require trimming the mid pipe 12" which can be accomplished easily with a hack saw, sawzall or cutting wheel.

What is the difference between the Aluminized and Stainless turn down systems?

Besides the material construction, there is absolutely no difference in sound or fitment. T409 Stainless is commonly used in exhaust systems because it is very resistant to rust and corrosion. T409 Stainless Steel will not completely rust through, although it may develop red surface rust in very wet or salty climates and carries a lifetime warranty from MBRP. The Aluminized Steel is also quite resistant to rust and corrosion; however, it's average usable life is less than T409, especially in wet or salty climates. The Aluminized carries a 2 year warranty from MBRP.

Attachments

• mbrp-turn-down-res.jpg
    mbrp-turn-down-res.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 129

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In for the T409 Stainless version. Thanks for again for setting this up with MBRP.

OP
OP
G

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Will you be at TRR?

We are donating toward the raffle but will not be in attendance, unfortunately.

How much for just the resonator pipe in stainless? Already have the turndown.

Direct from MBRP the stainless resonated front pipe is $287.83.

In for the T409 Stainless version. Thanks for again for setting this up with MBRP.

Added.

I'll take an Aluminized version.....Thanks for setting this up.
Let me know the details.

Added. Details and payment will be handled once we have at least 5 participants.

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
how will the sound compare to my turndown without resonator? the drone is a bit annoying but i love the growl around town.

OP
OP
G

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
how will the sound compare to my turndown without resonator? the drone is a bit annoying but i love the growl around town.

It's hard to quantify exactly, but the full MBRP cat back with resonator is on the mellow side. Using the same resonator but with a turn down tip will be louder than the full cat back, but less raspy than the turn down with no resonator. If you've heard both kits in person you'd know what I mean.

Also, good news! I worked out a different method for shipping these kits to us from MBRP which saves us a little money. Therefore, rather than being pigs we have reduced the group buy price for everyone!!

409: $445.76
AL: $381.78

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
GotExhaust.com said:
What is the difference between the Aluminized and Stainless turn down systems?

Besides the material construction, there is absolutely no difference in sound, fitment or warranty. T409 Stainless is commonly used in exhaust systems because it is very resistant to rust and corrosion. T409 Stainless Steel will not completely rust through, although it may develop red surface rust in very wet or salty climates. The Aluminized Steel is also quite resistant to rust and corrosion; however, it's average usable life is less than T409, especially in wet or salty climates.

I'm trying to decide between the T409 and Aluminized version. I have co-worker with an oven who I plan to have apply a ceramic coating to the exhaust for me... inside and out. Is it worth it to spend the extra money on the T409 version if I'm going to have this done?