Group Buy for an aftermarket Hood/Bed Graphics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It seems you and others want a combination of matte with satin or gloss and I am not sure this is even possible. I will ask chris and let you know.

I went ahead and ordered a bunch of samples from ebay this weekend (auto vinyl solutions) and they arrived today so I had a chance to check them out. I think I had like 10 or 11 total since they were cheap. Fast shipping too!!

I have to say the matte dark grey metallic is VERY close to the paint on the flares, bumpers, grills but is not an exact match. It's JUST SLIGHTLY OFF but for me thats enough to scrap that idea.

I did find the matte blue metallic to match the fox shocks color pretty darn good. I would love to see how that would look on a tux black rap but I don't want to be the guinea pig for budget reasons...

Honestly I think I might go with the matte black. To me it seems to look the best on the truck but I'm wondering if he can do the hood with the "SVT" and "RAPTOR" cut out so it would give it that extra POP! (Like factory without the F150) Either do that or do the logos in satin or gloss black but I don't know if he has the capability to do 2-tone vinyl..

Can you ask your guy if he could do either and whick would be the best option?

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

I want to give everyone an update.

Chris is in the process of producing a hood graphic for a forum member. This forum member was very specific in what he wanted and produced a photoshoped pic which you can see below. I told Chris before I ask him to do more that I need to see if he can produce a hood decal to the specs I sent him.

I have responded to a few PMs and warned interested folks that this will be a long process. The last thing I want to do is to **** you guys off.

This one graphic is for a local forum member and I will take lots of pics and examine the decal with the customer and make sure all is well before we head down the road even further.

1794.jpg

Last edited:

kjbeggs

Reaction score
That hood graphic looks great!
I'm thinking that if he can produce that, with the different tone "F-150", he should be able to do the two-tone design on the Bed Graphic as well.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It seems you and others want a combination of matte with satin or gloss and I am not sure this is even possible. I will ask chris and let you know.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

I want to give everyone an update.

Chris is in the process of producing a hood graphic for a forum member. This forum member was very specific in what he wanted and produced a photoshoped pic which you can see below. I told Chris before I ask him to do more that I need to see if he can produce a hood decal to the specs I sent him.

I have responded to a few PMs and warned interested folks that this will be a long process. The last thing I want to do is to **** you guys off.

This one graphic is for a local forum member and I will take lots of pics and examine the decal with the customer and make sure all is well before we head down the road even further.

1794.jpg

I am looking for what was posted in the pic but without f150 and have svt in blue then have a blue pinstripe on the edges and have that also go down on the peice between the grill and bumper. I also would like a dark gray metallic on the part of the hood that rises right next to where the blue pinstripe would be. Not sure if u seen what whtrpta did with plastidip but thats the spot i am talking about.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Milez28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor911, I like that graphic.. even with the F-150 I think it looks great!!
I can tell the F-150 and SVT are a grey looking color but what will the RAPTOR be?

About how long are we talking about before it's done? (we talking weeks or months)

I'm ready to git-r-done!!

kjbeggs

Reaction score
Raptor911, I like that graphic.. even with the F-150 I think it looks great!!
I can tell the F-150 and SVT are a grey looking color but what will the RAPTOR be?

About how long are we talking about before it's done? (we talking weeks or months)

I'm ready to git-r-done!!

i thought the "Raptor" on the Hood was just a cutout where your paint would show through...?
Well, i just looked at the Hood graphic on the ford site, and it's a glossier black than the rest of the hood piece, so maybe it's not a cutout.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
He's still making the 1st graphic for a local customer. Once done and I will meet with the customer and make sure if the decal is of good quality and that he likes it. Of course I will post pics.

This process will be a long one so I apologize for this.

any update on this yet Raptor911?

Phansm72

Reaction score
Im interest to see if he can make me just the f150 raptor svt logos to put on my hood that i already painted the center section flat black. If he could , how much?

drbubbles84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely interested in this. Originally didn't think i wanted the graphics (and knew I didn't want to spend $2K for them, but seeing some black on black has me thinking I was wrong.

Does anyone have good quality pictures of black on black? I've never seen it!