GEN 2 got my new raptor last monday... thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

TROY JEUP

Reaction score
I just picked up my 2017 Raptor on Monday. How much of the exhaust note is fake vs real? I personally don't mind the way it sounds.

If you put your ear close to the speaker in the door you can hear the v8 sound. I am gonna go out on a limb and say that 100% of the noise you hear from the dash and door panels is synthetic. The engine makes just a high Pitch noise that is not present in the cabin from noise cancellation. And you can't hear the muffler in the back with the window open or closed because it is really quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Norris McCarty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you put your ear close to the speaker in the door you can hear the v8 sound. I am gonna go out on a limb and say that 100% of the noise you hear from the dash and door panels is synthetic. The engine makes just a high Pitch noise that is not present in the cabin from noise cancellation. And you can't hear the muffler in the back with the window open or closed because it is really quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lol....really? ....not the way it is with mine.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are trying to figure out how to make electric cars louder for blind pedestrians. Probably all they have to do is chase a guide dog with an electric car as part of its training. It would be looking for them

2011SuperCrew

Reaction score
I'll be curious to see how much time and $$$ it takes to get 700hp from the HO EB. I'm wondering if an engine swap wouldn't be cheaper.? Not sure if Ford makes a crate motor that would fit, but I'd have to think they do... Hell, I bet an LS motor swap-kit is in the works SOMEWHERE in the world!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Troy can you confirm for us what kind of rim they mounted the spare on ?

2022 SVT Fan

Reaction score
Just went to the dealer, and had the engine noise enhancement shut off on my Raptor.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE! The cab is much quieter with no enhanced engine compartment sound coming through the speakers. The sound system (802A w/Sony) sounds much much better and you can actually hear the base now. The enhanced engine noise was definitely cancelling out the sound from the stereo.

Also, you can now actually hear what the real exhaust sound is when you punch it.

very glad I went and had this done. The charge for 3/4 hour labor was worth every penny

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just went to the dealer, and had the engine noise enhancement shut off on my Raptor.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE! The cab is much quieter with no enhanced engine compartment sound coming through the speakers. The sound system (802A w/Sony) sounds much much better and you can actually hear the base now. The enhanced engine noise was definitely cancelling out the sound from the stereo.

Also, you can now actually hear what the real exhaust sound is when you punch it.

very glad I went and had this done. The charge for 3/4 hour labor was worth every penny

Thats cool they did that but not so cool they charge for it....