Gold Bolts on Method NV's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The black is a black phosphate which does fade some. Brand new they are a dark black, but mud/salt fades them down a bit. I'm going to be ordering new ones and then adding a matte clear with hopes that will help maintain the darker black color. And like Huck said, just get replacement stuff through one of the online hardware shops.

zsommer79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also order the bolts from grainger McMaster or fastenall. Don't need to buy from method.

They are not grade 8, just Zink plated. They are non functional

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you happen to know what size they are as well?

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the details, but you'll need a much, much shorter size.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 115

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score

zsommer79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked everywhere and couldn't find anything in that size. Tire rack has the method ones for $1 a piece and I just gave up the fight and ordered them.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
same here. I even talked to a couple of shops and they told me you will not find this bolt in a 6mm length as it is not mechanically functional at 6mm.

I looked everywhere and couldn't find anything in that size. Tire rack has the method ones for $1 a piece and I just gave up the fight and ordered them.

zsommer79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
same here. I even talked to a couple of shops and they told me you will not find this bolt in a 6mm length as it is not mechanically functional at 6mm.

Yeah my brother runs a building supply and he thought I was retarded but called Hillman and Fastenal for me anyway just to get the answer he already knew.