Go pro hero3 black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Am trying to pair the go pro 3 black edition with the wifi remote. Have been at it for a few hours. Now I am not the most technical person out there, and I did read the user manual that is on their website. But it will not cooperate. Am I the only one with this issue. I did the firmware update to the camera. I found on YouTube where they should come paired from the factory. But if you do the update does this wipe it out. I can use the camera without the wifi remote. But damn this thing cost a lot. Why can't electronic devices be easier. I sent a email to support. Says they may take 24 hours to respond. Just want to get this thing working correctly. Jack

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BIG_TEXAS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had issues pairing the camera to my iphone app (after the big update last month) but it turned out to be nothing major...as far as the wifi remote goes, mine came paired up from the factory and still is paired with it. i will d*ck around with the camera and remote and see if i find anything for ya....also GOPRO support SUXXXXX!

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never have got my remote to work and I'm an IT guy. It's a ************* imo

Sent from my Note2

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jack, mine was paired after the firmwear update. But it had since lost its ability to control the camera.
For the Snoball500 pre run, we mounted on the side window, do the camera could be operated manually from inside the truck by putting the window down and hitting the button.

If I figure out how to get them to sync back up, I'll let you know.

Also, you can download an app to control your gopro. I downloaded it, but couldn't get it to synchronize with the silver my parents got me.

Yukon Joe

BIG_TEXAS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
make sure you have up to date software for the camera...i noticed my problem with the app was having to go to the wifi menu on iphone and constantly "renew lease" when clicking on the hero's wifi signal.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the hero3 Silver and use the App on my Android device. I find it a little glitchy (having to restart the camera after a few connections and re-enable wireless (tablet/smart phone mode)) sometimes, but not too often. I don't even think I need or want the remote at this point. The free app is pretty badass imo.

MC B2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also check that your remote has the latest firmware. If you haven't already, install GoPro Cineform Studio on your computer. Plug your remote into an available USB port and start Cineform Studio. It should inform you if any updates are needed.

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

This might help also.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Another one.