General Grabber Wear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine wore great. When they developed a shimmy/shake at 60 to almost 70 during high temps in the afternoons then they were yanked. Had them re road force balanced twice to no avail. Do not know what the problem was but it only showed up when the tires got warm on the drive home from work not going lol...

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had my Grabbers for a year and a half. They are chunked-out, slashed up, and very worn. They likely won't last another 6 months... but I offroad a lot and my Rap is in the dirt and rocks almost every day for work.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
I've only got about 8k or so on mine, my review is pretty much in line with Big J, Tizzle and Treypal. The wear on them so far is fine, no chunking, great in the dirt, a little noise on the highway (when I have the radio off, window down and at a coast that is, my exhaust covers the rest up). I love the way the tire looks and they've seemed to be bullitt proof off road but my GAWD are they heavy....you definitely know they're there. I will probably finish out this set but go back to BFG afterwards.

Banned
Reaction score
Bad on snow and ice.
If you have lots if that. Get duratracs or toyo MT's

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
idk about snow and ice, but you feel every little bump with em at low speed, and they weigh about 20lbs more each than the stock BFGs. Makes your wheel/tire combo (go from about 76 to 100+ each).

My friend bought a set for his jeep and the red letter tags (not individual letters) are peeling off and changing to pink. idk. They look cool, and never had any problems with mine, but long term seems like they wear quick.

I wouldn't drive on asphalt/concrete all the time.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
My friend bought a set for his jeep and the red letter tags (not individual letters) are peeling off and changing to pink. idk. They look cool, and never had any problems with mine, but long term seems like they wear quick.

I've heard alot about the lettering changing to a pinkish color but so far, mine are as red as the day I got them.

outlawraptor

Reaction score
I previously owned General Tire's 2007 Toyota Tundra Sema show truck. It had the prototype General Grabber's on it. They were great at first, but then started to wear really bad. The red lettering did start to fade to a pink. Granted my set weren't even DOT rated. They were crappy on the ice, but alright in light snow. Perhaps the commercially available version is much improved, but imo, I would do something else.