General Grabber Road Noise/Driveability?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Molten1

Reaction score
First off, I've had my Raptor for two years now, but I just joined this forum today so...hello everyone.

The BFG's are worn out and I'm looking at replacing them with some General Grabber Red Letters. I like the look of them and think they would look pretty cool with the Molten Orange paint. I do a lot of highway driving and was wondering what those that are running them have experienced in the way of road noise and driveability on the highway. The description of them says they have AWMT, which is supposed to suppress road noise so I'm interested to see how well that works. Any information you could pass my way would be appreciated!

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Molten, Welcome aboard! I'm sure you will get a lot of advice about General Red Letters. The only compliant I heard is that they are not good for wet roads, but that is all hear say. But those are the tires I plan on acquiring when my BFGs wear out as well.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Heavier louder and wear out faster than the BFG's. I didn't notice any issues with wet roads...but I live in SoCal. We don't really have wet roads.

OP
OP
M

Molten1

Reaction score
Molten, Welcome aboard! I'm sure you will get a lot of advice about General Red Letters. The only compliant I heard is that they are not good for wet roads, but that is all hear say. But those are the tires I plan on acquiring when my BFGs wear out as well.

Thanks for the welcome!

Not good for wet roads as in they will float around like the drag radials on the back of my '03 Cobra? My wife primarily drives our Raptor so I need to be sure they aren't going to freak her out in a rainstorm.

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They will break loose faster on wet roads. Also those red letters will turn pink pretty quick. Supposedly they are great for offroad. I never got a chance to take mine offroad, except in some light mud, and they were absolutely terrible.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had Grabbers for about a year and a half. They were tough tires and took a beating off-road without complaining. I live in the desert too, so didn't have them in the rain much but I thought they did fine when it did rain.

There were two things I didn't like about them, one was performance-related... They are just SO heavy (a trade-off for how strong they are) but you will really feel the unsprung weight off the line. The other was a cosmetic issue... The letters kept fading pink in the desert sun. Pink is not exactly a color I want anywhere on my truck other than the passenger seat. I kept touching up the letters with a red Dupli-Color Hot Tires paint pen and that helped, but was kind of a pain in the ass.

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

As to your original question of road noise, I thought they were pretty well-mannered for an off-road tire. But then again I have loud exhaust so road noise wasn't much of a factor or consideration of mine.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Pink in the passenger seat huh Ben....you like them fancy boys don't ya. Yeah? You gon' take it.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2