Geiser +3, Deaver +3 SD, and TSW rebuilds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pavendort

Reaction score
So I put in some Deaver +3 SD a few weeks ago. I thought for sure people were exaggerating their improvement, but I was wrong. They are exponentially better. The little knock from the "military wrap" is barely noticeable.

Went to Texas Shock Works 2 weeks ago to have all 4 shocks rebuilt, and they put on my Geiser +3 while they had them apart. The ride is a little stiffer, but well within acceptable range.

My concern is a knocking sound and feeling when the front end goes over small bumps, speed bumps, potholes, etc. Seems like it is slamming to full extension. Very odd sensation. Is there something installed wrong, or do the Geisers just extend faster than the shocks can dampen? Or is this just he nature of the beast?

BTW, it offroads even more beautifully than stock

Edit: 2017 SCREW no other mods.

Last edited:

Lane2018

Southern Raptor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Pavendort, I’m starting to notice a bit of sag on my stock leafs as well. I’m leaning toward the same setup you just had installed. Can you post a few pics? I’d love to see the stance before I make a purchase.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you’re right, the geiser’s are a super high spring rate and just recoil and extend back before the actual absorber has a chance keep up. I have a gen1 and feel as though i experience the same with my new geisers, and fresh built TSW shocks. I can totally live with it, if that’s what it is.

OP
OP
pavendort

pavendort

Reaction score
Hey Pavendort, I’m starting to notice a bit of sag on my stock leafs as well. I’m leaning toward the same setup you just had installed. Can you post a few pics? I’d love to see the stance before I make a purchase.
The truck is never clean, so these are the best I could do for now. Haha.

Also the knock going over bumps and such is getting louder, and it makes me nervous to keep off-roading it like this for fear it’ll break something.

Attachments

• 9CC434C4-0F5A-4592-B38D-B6CDD61B7167.jpeg
    9CC434C4-0F5A-4592-B38D-B6CDD61B7167.jpeg
    297.3 KB · Views: 70
  • AED657D6-597E-4BB5-9AB1-E88CD0965AB4.jpeg
    AED657D6-597E-4BB5-9AB1-E88CD0965AB4.jpeg
    296 KB · Views: 72
OP
OP
pavendort

pavendort

Reaction score
Have you checked your sway bar end links? How many miles on the truck? Are the bolts at the shock towers torqued down?
Not sure why I haven't checked those, but I will today. The shock tower bolts should be torqued, but I will check them again. Thanks for the input!

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck is never clean, so these are the best I could do for now. Haha.

Also the knock going over bumps and such is getting louder, and it makes me nervous to keep off-roading it like this for fear it’ll break something.

I had a very similar sound and feel in the truck after swapping in Geiser 2.5s (although part of it is what you said, the stock dampers just cant dampen the extra force), the clunky sound and feel was from the center shock bolt not being torqued way down. It is a total pain because the larger nut is recessed and the shock shaft spins so you have to hold it on the end with another wrench or ratchet but tightening both sides took away ALL of the racket my front end was making.

Not the three nuts that hold the coilover to the bucket but the center one that connects the coilover body to the top hat. Talking about #9 in this photo.

Attachments

• 3D81D779-DA8B-4E3C-B3C9-D2B22E6A57A2.jpeg
    3D81D779-DA8B-4E3C-B3C9-D2B22E6A57A2.jpeg
    230.5 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
pavendort

pavendort

Reaction score
I had a very similar sound and feel in the truck after swapping in Geiser 2.5s (although part of it is what you said, the stock dampers just cant dampen the extra force), the clunky sound and feel was from the center shock bolt not being torqued way down. It is a total pain because the larger nut is recessed and the shock shaft spins so you have to hold it on the end with another wrench or ratchet but tightening both sides took away ALL of the racket my front end was making.

Not the three nuts that hold the coilover to the bucket but the center one that connects the coilover body to the top hat. Talking about #9 in this photo.
I will definitely look into this as well. I wonder if the shop that did it actually torqued anything. They torque striped about 2/3 of the nuts/bolts, but not the others. This is why I rarely let other people or shops work on my vehicles, but my wife insisted. She saw a video of a spring compressor failing. I will figure out how to re-torque that.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will definitely look into this as well. I wonder if the shop that did it actually torqued anything. They torque striped about 2/3 of the nuts/bolts, but not the others. This is why I rarely let other people or shops work on my vehicles, but my wife insisted. She saw a video of a spring compressor failing. I will figure out how to re-torque that.

I'm sure they torqued it. TSW is a good shop.

I've had this happen on two raptors where that nut gets tightened when the coils are swapped then once installed on the truck and things get cycled a few thousand times things settle and it starts making a racket. There's no way to get a torque wrench on this so just as tight as you can get it with a couple wrenches. Make sure to do it with the truck under its own weight. Good Luck!!!