Fuel Hostage 17" Wheels and EBC Rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moridin

Reaction score
Finally got the Hostage wheels put on today. While I was waiting for them to arrive, got a great deal on EBC GD sport rotors and Greenstuff pads so picked those up, too.

I went with 17 x 8.5 wheels with 25mm offset. It puts the tires about a half inch further outwards from stock, but for all purposes you can't tell the difference. And yes, I kept the stock tires. Gonna burn through these and then consider a more aggressive tire.

I wondered if with the PTM flares/bumpers it'd be too much black, but I think (convinced myself? haha) that it looks way better than the stock wheels did. The chrome accents on the wheels keep them from just blending in to the truck, as does the much more open viewable space in the wheels that allows the rotors to be seen more.

And speaking of the rotors, while I've only put about 25 miles on them since install today, I can say without a doubt they feel "grabbier" than the stock set-up. Which seems odd, since the pads come with a coating to ease bedding and are supposed to be worse at first. If this is how they are now, I can't wait till they've fully bedded in. I do have some squeaking, but it's intermittent and to be expected with the new pads.

Finally, I've read a lot about these slotted/dimpled rotors being noisy. Window up, window down, I couldn't hear anything. So I'm not sure what that's all about, but EBC warns you not to get these if it'll bother you. Since I couldn't hear a thing, it's a non-issue.

Ok, on to the pics:

Front rotor
IMG_5086.jpg

Rear rotor
IMG_5133.jpg

Greenstuff pads. 7000 series front, 6000 series rear
IMG_5087.jpg

IMG_5134.jpg

IMG_5127.jpg

IMG_5188.jpg

IMG_5187.jpg

IMG_5186.jpg

IMG_5185.jpg

OP
OP
Moridin

Moridin

Reaction score
Don't mind at all. It's not like I haven't already spent it. lol

The grand total was $862 for the rotors and pads.