Front end noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maps928

Reaction score
It's all good man, like I said, I understand your frustration. And no, YOU shouldn't have to check out your vehicle for this noise......doing your own preventative maintenance and checking things over is one thing, but a noise or something that doesn't seem right should be a tech's job to find, especially under warranty. Unfortunately, there are dealerships (form any manufacturer) that have tech's that will only do the minimum and just call it a "no problem found" or chalk it up to a tsb that may or may not be the cause. I suggested these items to look at because they are something you could go and do yourself. If there's a certain area or time that this happens, say a particular bump on the road, pulling into the driveway or whatever, have someone stand there and see if they can hear it or see something. Again, not neccessarily something you should have to do but, it could help.

Just wanted to follow up since ity has been a few weeks since I relied about this issue. I contacted Fox Shox on this noise and they immediately offered to send me a replacement shock. When I got it I had Ford replace it under warranty earlier this week and the rattle / rumble noise is gone. It seems Fox may be aware that there may be a problem with some of their dhocksbecause they asked me no questions and just sent a replacement. Regrdless, the problem is solved and now I can really start to enjoy my truck.:waytogo:

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Just wanted to follow up since ity has been a few weeks since I relied about this issue. I contacted Fox Shox on this noise and they immediately offered to send me a replacement shock. When I got it I had Ford replace it under warranty earlier this week and the rattle / rumble noise is gone. It seems Fox may be aware that there may be a problem with some of their dhocksbecause they asked me no questions and just sent a replacement. Regrdless, the problem is solved and now I can really start to enjoy my truck.:waytogo:

:waytogo:..........

harleysvt

Reaction score
My truck has 2500 km Raptor and I heard a noise coming from the front, the temprature outside was -31 Celsius in the next day and the outside was a tempereture -2 celcuis and I no longer heard the noise ... the suspension is really made ​​for cold times? I had the same sound on an F-150 Harley-Davidson 2008 and it was the bushing that ... but my default fesais Raptor is new ..

Raptoyd11

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You called Fox and they just sent you an 850 dollar shock without some kind of proof? That is great customer service on their part but I cannot see them doing that for everyone having this problem. That could get extremely expensive on their part but that is great that they did that for you.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
My truck has 2500 km Raptor and I heard a noise coming from the front, the temprature outside was -31 Celsius in the next day and the outside was a tempereture -2 celcuis and I no longer heard the noise ... the suspension is really made ​​for cold times? I had the same sound on an F-150 Harley-Davidson 2008 and it was the bushing that ... but my default fesais Raptor is new ..

Bievenue!
It'***** -40c here and the only ill effect my trucks had was power steering whine until it warmed up.
As for shock noise, mine have always been noisy and after 50,000km of mixed driving there is no performance difference. i just got used to the noise.

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score

What did you just call the 1800 number? My front end is making the same noise and they came back saying it was the tire pressure hah.