From TRX to Raptor 37

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rustyseatbelt

Reaction score
This is where I’m at currently. Been in a Supercharged v8 since 2019. Was time for a change. The green one is the wife’s car.
Man, I love BMW. Still miss my F80. The cars are gorgeous from almost every angle, but that new front is a crime. Like seeing a beautiful woman with **** mouth. Their designer needs to be flogged and made an example of.

OP
OP
kandewinn

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I love BMW. Still miss my F80. The cars are gorgeous from almost every angle, but that new front is a crime. Like seeing a beautiful woman with **** mouth. Their designer needs to be flogged and made an example of.
Hers has the m package so that grill is black and blends into the paint. I love the way that car drives. And if she’s happy, so am I.

OP
OP
kandewinn

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go ahead and turn on the trip computer and do the math. You wont get that sorta miles before fill up. 15mpg is the most I can get outta my gen 3 35. If you do, then my truck has a problem :favorites13:
I’ve since done a reset just to see if it’s a fluke. It’s worked its way back up to 17mpg over the last 1,100 miles. My last 3 tanks have been in the 600 mile range. Maybe it’s the Costco 93.

Attachments

• IMG_9180.jpeg
    IMG_9180.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve since done a reset just to see if it’s a fluke. It’s worked its way back up to 17mpg over the last 1,100 miles. My last 3 tanks have been in the 600 mile range. Maybe it’s the Costco 93.
Dang thats pretty good. I keep trying to nurse it to maintain mid 16s to 17 for a while, but then Ill run into a traffic situation (or a bunch of short city drives) that tanks it back into the mid 14s. Then i have to play nice to get back to 15.5 or so...lol I have heard Costco gas was pretty good. I have a friend with a gen 2 and MPT tune, he regularly gets in the low 17s mpg and he's not that easy going of a driver. He runs Costco gas only.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Dang thats pretty good. I keep trying to nurse it to maintain mid 16s to 17 for a while, but then Ill run into a traffic situation (or a bunch of short city drives) that tanks it back into the mid 14s. Then i have to play nice to get back to 15.5 or so...lol I have heard Costco gas was pretty good. I have a friend with a gen 2 and MPT tune, he regularly gets in the low 17s mpg and he's not that easy going of a driver. He runs Costco gas only.

I run Costco gas and got mid 13s last tank. But it's not flat here and I'm on 37s.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the hills destroy fuel econ. Especially minor "sea level" hills, I get pretty good MPG in Colorado, but in the hill country in Texas it tanks.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed the adaptive cruise control use reduces gas mileage too. Its easier for a driver to massage the throttle with coasting to a far away long red light, leaning into it going down hill to take it easy going up hill...etc. The adaptive cruise doesn't spend enough time not using the peddles. I just can't stand to not use it on the hwy, but I can get 1-2 mpg better by not using it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter