From 35s to 37: My experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snowfall

Reaction score
Just sharing my 2cents. YMMV

I debated for 4 months if I wanted to go to 37s from the stock 35 KO2s A/T. The Gen 3 Raptor just eats up those 35s and makes them look so small. I never felt the truck had that true aggressive look I wanted. I think the stock wheels and offset contributed to that. In any case, I went with 37 KM3s M/T (AWESOME tire btw).

Damn this truck was meant for 37s. I’m 17x9 0 Offset. No rub. I decided on a collar up front because I wanted her leveled. Spare fits fine, no adjustments needed.

I’ve ran the beach a bit but haven’t sent it yet. However, a few guys in my local Raptor group are running 0 offset, take air, and haven’t ripped off their fenders.

I’ve lost about 1MPG on gas, but the ride is so much smoother. I can’t tell if I’ve lost any power off the line, but this ain’t a Raptor R.

EE6619F7-59DF-4295-B935-5AFE449BA22D.jpeg

OP
OP
Snowfall

Snowfall

Reaction score
No scrub? Those look awesome.
No rubbing. I locked it out a few different ways when I ran the beach. The tire and offset combo is everything though. KM3’s are a tad bit smaller than 37. More like 36.5”. I bet a Nitto trail or Ridge would rub without cutting or springs.

Last edited:

Aleja_333

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I think these trucks were designed for 37’s. Visually, they complement the truck better, in my opinion.

There are mid size trucks that come with 35’s from factory and they are not as tall, wide, and long as the Raptor.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You lost acceleration too. I would bet that combo is fairly heavy. Looks like 110lbs a piece. Mine are 100 and I felt the difference coming from 35s. I have some lighter wheels on the way to reverse that affect. Other than that downfall everything has been positive with 37s.

Last edited:

Aleja_333

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You lost acceleration too. I would bet that combo is fairly heavy. Looks like 110lbs a piece. Mine are 100 and I felt the difference coming from 35s. I have some lighter wheels on the way to reverse that affect. Other than that downfall everything has been positive with 37s.

10 lbs per corner makes a huge difference in acceleration and braking. In my previous truck I switched to an aftermarket set of wheels without considering the weight, I wanted the looks of that specific wheel. The rim was exactly 10 lbs over the OEM rim, the difference was very noticeable leaving the tire shop. I couldn't get used to it after a few weeks of driving so I spent several weeks researching wheels that where close to the OEM weight but had the look I wanted.

Trotamundos

Reaction score
i change the tires from 35" to 37", i am super happy how looks, but the stability on high speed change is always moving to the sides, the alignment is ok, the suspension change too but you can control that with the suspensions mode, what you guys recommend me about stability issue

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
37s on 17s are kinda growing on me but i remember when i first saw a 37PP they looked comical. It makes the wheels look too small and too much sidewall. Got a zoomed out leveled pic?

for trotamundos...your prolly goin too fast! though the only thing i can think of that might help without slowing down is airing up the tires more

Last edited: