Found two MY23 37pp's - which one should i go with??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The code orange, good deal. Amb is always dirty and doesn't look as nice as the orange against the flares and bumpers. Got rid of my amb for the co and couldn't be happier
AMB is always dirty? I love the color and had this exact decision when purchasing my truck. Apples and Oranges, but I prefer the blue to the orange.

20230509_213035-COLLAGE.jpg

OP, male a poll so we can vote!

Easyrider470

Reaction score
These are very different trucks. If you want the recaros is really the deciding factor in my opinion. They are an expensive option and a different seat all together than the factory seats.

Mossy 150

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The amb IS always dirty. I drove mine for a year. By the time you get home from the car wash it's already noticeable, the layer of dust. That color shows everything. And wait until somebody puts a door ding in it and you touch it up. Just looks like a black splotches, you can't replicate the paint job with the best touch up. The code orange on the other hand, never looks like it needs cleaning. Firsthand experience.20230406_134349.jpg

OP
OP
kpecks

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, after doing a bunch of research on the AMB truck, it appears it might have been a lemon from the factory. Nothing in oasis or on Carfax but when a ford dealership can’t sell it and it ends up at an independent used car lot, chances are better than good there’s something wrong or there was something wrong at one point in time. Also, the story from the car lot owner doesn’t line up with the Carfax history (mind you, this is a VERY nice premium cars only kind of car lot).

And the CO dealership are a bunch of idiots…. Trying to work something out w them has proven extremely difficult… still working on that deal though.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, after doing a bunch of research on the AMB truck, it appears it might have been a lemon from the factory. Nothing in oasis or on Carfax but when a ford dealership can’t sell it and it ends up at an independent used car lot, chances are better than good there’s something wrong or there was something wrong at one point in time. Also, the story from the car lot owner doesn’t line up with the Carfax history (mind you, this is a VERY nice premium cars only kind of car lot).
I wanna know more! I am the third owner of my truck, bought it when it had 2,400 miles. Everything has a story but a lemon? I'm down for details!

OP
OP
kpecks

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanna know more! I am the third owner of my truck, bought it when it had 2,400 miles. Everything has a story but a lemon? I'm down for details!
Basically, the way I understand it and have been told, if a truck comes from the factory with issues and has never been titled, it doesn’t get reported. Did it have any issue from the factory? Has it been fixed? no way to find out. But just Imagine a local ford dealership turning down a new MY23 37pp and selling it to an independent…

Bashby

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It does have ceramic tint, flip bed cover and bed rug the guy added too. So there is some value in that $1800.
First thing I did on my 37p in feb was a spray in liner and put the Backflip cover on. That was 1800, so i think you have a good deal. Factor in 3k for the 100k warranty and really good price.

I paid 7500 over sticker new. I would Jim on that deal.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The amb IS always dirty. I drove mine for a year. By the time you get home from the car wash it's already noticeable, the layer of dust. That color shows everything. And wait until somebody puts a door ding in it and you touch it up. Just looks like a black splotches, you can't replicate the paint job with the best touch up. The code orange on the other hand, never looks like it needs cleaning. Firsthand experience.View attachment 418675
my ceramic coat has helped tremendously with this darker AMB. I can go a long time in-between washes if I keep up on quick detailer. Getting that ceramic was one of my best 'mods' so far