FORScan Silent Mode for Camping and/or Nefarious Activities

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LNelson503

Reaction score
Newb here. No Raptor but '23 Transit with the same 'lights on' issue. I have no clue about FORScan or how to use it to deal with my issue and the FORScan home page states that supported vehicles include 'Ford, Lincoln, Mercury models of 1996 - 2022MY'...apparently not my '23. Any insight or help getting started would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to be able to switch on the rear camera while underway, too.
So I'm going to a dark sky park tomorrow with the overland setup and have been searching the interwebs for information on how to turn off all (I mean ALLLL) the lights on the Raptor with very little luck. Took a long time before I was able to dig up how to do this with FORScan, and it works great! In case anyone is interested or if somebody searches in the future, I figured I'd share the love!

It's called Silent Mode, apparently with other manufacturers and older Fords it's also called Dark Mode or Police (you'll see why in a second) Mode. It seems that the modes are increasingly more extreme as you go up from 1 to 5...I plan to test them out more extensively to get a good write-up on what each one entails unless anyone has this info already? For now, here's how Mode 5 works.

Silent Mode 1: TBD
Silent Mode 2: TBD
Silent Mode 3: TBD
Silent Mode 4: TBD
Silent Mode 5: Straight up police stakeout / raid mode. Unlocking, locking (whether with the keyfob, keyless entry, or the keypad), opening any doors, closing any doors, opening the tailgate, closing the tailgate, etc....no exterior lights come on, no interior lights (mostly)come on, and no beeps/horns sound.
Caveats/Notes to Mode 5:
- When you open a door, the Raptor startup logo sequence still plays on the center Sync screen, then it shuts off. The dash screen also cycles on and stays a black screen, then turns off as well.
- The light blue backlighting on the light buttons above the rear doors stay on, all other backlit buttons stay dark.
- If you click a button on the keypad entry, the keypad lights up.
- If you click the bed light button in the bed, those will come on along with the convenience lights on the mirrors.
- The alarm button on the key fob will still flash lights and the horn.
- Once you turn the ignition on, everything seems to function normally.

Here's the coding info for anyone interested:
BCM (BdyCM) | 726-58-02 | x*xx xxxx xxxx | Feat Cfg SilentMode1: 0=disabled, 1=enabled
BCM (BdyCM) | 726-58-02 | **** xxxx xxxx | Feat Cfg SilentMode2: 0=disabled, 1=enabled
BCM (BdyCM) | 726-58-02 | xxxx x*xx xxxx | Feat Cfg SilentMode3: 0=disabled, 1=enabled
BCM (BdyCM) | 726-58-02 | xxxx **** xxxx | Feat Cfg SilentMode4: 0=disabled, 1=enabled
BCM (BdyCM) | 726-58-02 | xxxx xxxx x*xx | Feat Cfg SilentMode5: 0=disabled, 1=enabled
Newb here. No Raptor but '23 Transit with the same 'lights on' issue. I have no clue about FORScan or how to use it to deal with my issue and the FORScan home page states that supported vehicles include 'Ford, Lincoln, Mercury models of 1996 - 2022MY'...apparently not my '23. Any insight or help getting started would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to be able to switch on the rear camera while underway, too. Also, feel free to tell me to take my Transit and bugger off if I'm being inappropriate.