ForScan for Newbs and must have mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonyp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Along those lines it would be nice for the phone keypad to be accessible while driving also. That gets blocked out and then what, you just grab your phone anyway. It’d be safer to have it just show up.

I’m surprised there’s not a way to change this in Forscan…

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, that is one of the changes I made. DRL always on and the markers.
On my 2017 the DRLs was only on when Auto lights were on. I also had the measurement numbers set on. During service, I turned off the DRLs, just did not want to make it too obvious.

LayinWatts69

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted to take a second to thank everyone for sharing information on Forscan. My front collision sensors/adaptive cruise stopped working, and I was able to diagnose and fix the problem using Forscan.

Now that I understand the program and have backed up all my files, I plan on tinkering with some settings to tailor my truck a bit better to me.

Thanks again, this site is awesome.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question. When looking at codes in forscan. And vs a cheat sheet to change values. What do the dashes represent? I know "X" means whatever yours has, leave it alone. But some codes show "- -" at the end of them. For example.

BCM726-22-01xxxxxxxx01--

Should the "- -" at the end be what I see in mine? Meaning I should input 01-- or does it mean I just put 01 and disregard the last 2 digits?

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question. When looking at codes in forscan. And vs a cheat sheet to change values. What do the dashes represent? I know "X" means whatever yours has, leave it alone. But some codes show "- -" at the end of them. For example.

BCM726-22-01xxxxxxxx01--

Should the "- -" at the end be what I see in mine? Meaning I should input 01-- or does it mean I just put 01 and disregard the last 2 digits?
The "- -" is checksum data.

You shouldn't need to adjust anything there. Forscan handles that automatically after you make whatever adjustments you are making elsewhere. My understanding is that if you get a "checksum" error waring to just ignore it and "write" anyways. Forscan should make the proper adjustments once you write it.

Search "programming advanced method here:
  1. "Values - Examples: 726-16-02 0101 0101 0049 & 740-13-01 005B - the numbers shaded blue are considered the values and the numbers shaded red are the checksum (a mathematical sum of all the prior hex digits). You do not need to know how to calculate the checksum; FORScan will do it automatically for us. I chose the two examples above to illustrate how some addresses may contain up to 10 values and others only 2 values."

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The "- -" is checksum data.

You shouldn't need to adjust anything there. Forscan handles that automatically after you make whatever adjustments you are making elsewhere. My understanding is that if you get a "checksum" error waring to just ignore it and "write" anyways. Forscan should make the proper adjustments once you write it.
Ah thank you! I got my global windows working just now. Bummed it only does the front windows, but thats better than nothing.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else do the stereo tweak? I only see a few mentions of it here. Does it in fact sound much better?