Ford Raptor 6.2-liter goes on sale, nearly 3,000 already ordered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuPanda

Reaction score
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/04/09/ford-raptor-6-2-liter-goes-on-sale-nearly-3-000-already-ordered/

If you've been holding off on taking the plunge on a Ford F-150 SVT Raptor until the more potent 6.2-liter engine found its way to the option sheet, we've got good news for you. The big 411 horsepower, 434 lb-ft of torque V8 is officially on sale right now, and Ford says the mills are flying off the shelves. According to the Blue Oval, the company has received over 3,000 orders for the Raptor with the more powerful engine.

The bigger engine offers a 91 horsepower bump over the base 5.4-liter V8, which should help the Raptor be a little quicker on its toes when it comes to desert maneuvers. That's all fine and dandy, but how much will it cost you? If you go for the 6.2, expect to add another $3,000 to the final price tag. While we haven't had a chance to play with the uprated Raptor just yet, that sounds like a mighty fine deal to us.

Ford has also announced a number of other optional features now available for its off-road beast, including special halogen lamps mounted atop a light bar, a tow kit for pulling lesser machines from the sand, and blue powder-coated cam covers for both engines. Far be it from us to look down on a little show with your go.

OP
OP
AuPanda

AuPanda

Reaction score
The "other options" sound interesting to me as well. Sound like all dealer installed options.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Dang it, it's a 101 hp increase! Why must every article insist on going off the 5.4's E85 numbers......Still exciting though seeing how many have been ordered so far.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm stoked about the extra options but still not a 100% sure on the 6.2L. I may just stick with the 5.4L in hopes of getting a better deal now that their is going to be a ton of 6.2L on the road. dicisions, dicisions.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What's 10HP among friends? :mrgreen:

The Ford options mentioned are from Ford Racing. The lightbar and the lights (lights are very very expensive from Ford - you can do much better buying the lightbar and getting the lights on your own). The recovery kit is another over-priced accessory from Ford Racing. You can buy the same items for far less (assuming you want them all) and you can buy better items and still probably save a bunch of greenbacks. As for the cam covers - there's no comment I can make that will benefit anyone including me. :) If you like 'em buy 'em. It's your dEcision ;)