Ford ESP Premium Care Pricing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your looking at plans on used vehicles... Mine is still under new warranty and original owner...

Well, mine is used but still under new warranty.

I think the point is that certified used cars can be extended to 9 years or 125K miles. With $50 deductible I'm looking at $1600 for 9 years 100K miles, which seems like a great deal. But this only seems to be available to CPO cars.

cubiefan101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your money or time on it. I currently have the premium care plan or whatever they call their "best" warranty coverage. And they haven't covered much of anything since my bumper to bumper expired. To keep it short...save you cash.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, if I plan on keeping it, $1600 is cheap insurance for some of the major repairs it could cover. Like any insurance, I hope to never need it, but I like having it.

What type of repairs did it not cover? It would be good to know just in case. Thanks!

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you plan on doing modifications, I'd skip the extended plan. You would be at a disadvantage trying to get them to repair things.

nukemustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your money or time on it. I currently have the premium care plan or whatever they call their "best" warranty coverage. And they haven't covered much of anything since my bumper to bumper expired. To keep it short...save you cash.

what kind of things have they not covered? looks like it covers "1000+" things, so if it is wear and tear related, I understand that. If it is something else, like oil/water/AC leaks or whatever, that would be upsetting.

badwolf

Reaction score
So I just had my car serviced and while I was at the dealership, I inquired about getting the FORD ESP premium care. (7yr/100k) Man, silicon valley dealers....sigh.. the guy (who was a nice guy, don't get me wrong) quoted me $5200. then sees the look on my face and looks up the VIN etc, and then says here, great new price, $3600. After I thanked him and left, I call Ford directly and get quoted about 2500 which is msrp, along with an explanation that dealers basically can charge whatever they want, but i can buy it from any dealer or direct from ford. After looking at this thread and a couple other places I call Flood Ford. $1375 (nice guy. apparently this dealership goes on volume and just makes $70 per warranty!)

so I just ordered from Flood Ford.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any one from Florida have any luck buying these cheap plans? Florida law frowns on online extended warranty purchases, but I've been able to buy AppleCare over the phone...