FOMOCO Ford Performance Touring Exhaust Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shockm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Corsa Xtreme Nodrone"

Attachments

• IMG_9328.jpg
    IMG_9328.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_9330.jpg
    IMG_9330.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Corsa Xtreme Nodrone" ������

It's attractive and well made... but you're smoking the wacky tobacky if you think that Corsa is drone free.

It wails in every video uploaded.

Anyway

I had a few extra minutes so I took it out on the interstate.

Nope. It doesn't drone. The cab is stock quiet at cruising speed on the highway. The conditions were a flat road, no inclines and I don't tow.

Now when you lean into the gas to pass someone... you'll hear it. Is it offensive? No. Is it louder than stock. I think so. It's just a little bit louder... not a ton... I'll be honest I'm having to convince myself that it sounds any louder at all. It's a deeper tone and there is a deeper idle rumble. You can hear the exhaust a tiny bit more under light acceleration than stock. That's about it.

It's a keeper. For anyone who wants just a little bit more sound than stock, a quiet highway ride, and cool tips... I say go for it.

Shockm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"A little bit more sound and cool tips....", for only 2 grand!.....

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It happened

I don't hAve a YouTube though.

easy peasey. can you send an iPhone video? I can host it

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

Did I happen to mention that the Corsa system has no drone whatsoever?

No, I cannot remember you mentioning this. Would you care to elaborate?

;-)

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's attractive and well made... but you're smoking the wacky tobacky if you think that Corsa is drone free.

It wails in every video uploaded.

Anyway

I had a few extra minutes so I took it out on the interstate.

Nope. It doesn't drone. The cab is stock quiet at cruising speed on the highway. The conditions were a flat road, no inclines and I don't tow.

Now when you lean into the gas to pass someone... you'll hear it. Is it offensive? No. Is it louder than stock. I think so. It's just a little bit louder... not a ton... I'll be honest I'm having to convince myself that it sounds any louder at all. It's a deeper tone and there is a deeper idle rumble. You can hear the exhaust a tiny bit more under light acceleration than stock. That's about it.

It's a keeper. For anyone who wants just a little bit more sound than stock, a quiet highway ride, and cool tips... I say go for it.

Is this with fake engine noise on or off? I have fake noise off, and I just don't like how buzzy the truck is at 80mph

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this with fake engine noise on or off? I have fake noise off, and I just don't like how buzzy the truck is at 80mph

Fake on.

I haven't messed with FORScan much.

You can pick up a tiny amount of exhaust over 80mph but it's equivalent to stock.

Overall I'd say the system is like stock with a little deeper tone and maybe a little louder when you jam on the throttle.

It's subtle... it doesn't wail through the neighborhood so far.

It's good for me.... I need more time with it. Tomorrow I'll put a couple hours on her.

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fake on.

I haven't messed with FORScan much.

You can pick up a tiny amount of exhaust over 80mph but it's equivalent to stock.

Overall I'd say the system is like stock with a little deeper tone and maybe a little louder when you jam on the throttle.

It's subtle... it doesn't wail through the neighborhood so far.

It's good for me.... I need more time with it. Tomorrow I'll put a couple hours on her.

Does the FP Touring version use a passive bypass valve system to meet the 95 dB limit? I checked out their website and can't see what's actually different than stock.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes

There is a passive bypass valve.

Aside from that... it's a smaller, lighter, theoretically less restrictive muffler and resonator.