Flush mount d2s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STUTIDE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my flush mounts in from James at Alt Offroad (he is FANTASTIC to deal with) and decided I would get a local shop to cut the holes in my rear bumper. I didn't want to take a chance of messing it up. They do this type of work a lot and said it was no big deal. Found out late today they put a huge deep scratch in my bumper when the saw jumped out of the guys hands. Question - is it regular paint on the rear and front bumpers where a body shop can repaint it? I want it to match the front and be right. They were unsure but are going to make it right either way. I was just curious about the finish because it doesn't look like regular paint? Any one know right off hand? I guess I should have gotten REPTAR to do it for me since his came out flawless!!

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Shit that sucks :/ did they at least offer to compensate you for it? Thank you for the positive feedback Stu, I'm sure you'll be really happy with them when you're towing or need some extra reverse light :)

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SEM makes a "Ford Bumper Coat" in a rattle can that is pretty much a 99.9% match and if someone painted your bumper with it and didn't tell you, you'd have a very hard time ever noticing it.

It works great for bumper and fender flare paint jobs. I used it to paint the OEM upper and lower grille in my Lightning (exact same color as our bumpers/flares) and they turned our perfect.

OP
OP
STUTIDE

STUTIDE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys - good info - its pretty deep so they will have to grind it out and have it repainted I guess or just get me a new one. really frustrating. James, gonna be good some day I hope. Rigid just makes quality stuff! Thanks again for all the great service and communication. Try to send you some business. Thx Hosseface!

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SEM makes a "Ford Bumper Coat" in a rattle can that is pretty much a 99.9% match and if someone painted your bumper with it and didn't tell you, you'd have a very hard time ever noticing it.

It works great for bumper and fender flare paint jobs. I used it to paint the OEM upper and lower grille in my Lightning (exact same color as our bumpers/flares) and they turned our perfect.

Do you have a link or product number? I googled it and they have a lot of "Ford Bumper Coat" colors.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a link or product number? I googled it and they have a lot of "Ford Bumper Coat" colors.

I'll see if I can remember to check it tomorrow.

I think I still have a can left over at work. If I forget, shoot me a PM sometime.

Update:

SEM 39263 Dark Titanium Metallic is what I used.

Labeled as "Ford Bumper Coater"

Last edited:

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a good pic of the color.

Attachments

• 270298_10151371086385479_1399059852_n-596x800.jpg
    270298_10151371086385479_1399059852_n-596x800.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 78

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's brave running a license plate for O'bama...No wonder why your bumper got messed up... :dancingpoop:

42268d1392666302t-flush-mount-d2s-photo2875.jpg