Flowmaster 40 and mpg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go roush, you won't be disappointed!

Loud outside, just right inside, quiet enough to hold a conversation, not affect phone calls, and not get annoying, loud enough to know the exhaust is there, and zero drone.

Did you leave the resonator on the truck?

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
no the roush is a full catback, so it deletes the resonator and muffler and is straight pipe with a single straight-through design roush muffler.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have that same set up on my 6.2L. I took out the resonator and put in the 44 (basically exactly the same as the 40) with single in and dual out. I haven't seen any noticeable mpg changes expect for the fact that I slam on the gas to hear that baby purr. Also I have no drone until I hit 75-80. Then if I'm on the phone the caller usually tells me they can hear some background noise. But other than over 75 I don't really have a problem with drone

Yup! Same here. Not bad even with turndowns. My mileage goes down with in-town driving because a lot of it is in Haul "Ass" mode... that and downshifting under bridges for that beastly sound that turns heads, and downshifting at red lights... and stop signs... and yield signs... and...