Florida ravelco or other anti theft devices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I mean if you’re getting jacked and surprised, there’s not really a viable choice but to live. but if you’re about to get jacked and you know it, act, don’t react.

But... again, if you’re jacked and someone gets the truck, good for you that you have full coverage. Minus the deductible and the mileage, plus wear and tear deductions. And if you dropped 20k ADM, good luck. But I know someone dropped for 3 claims and he had to seek MAIF from MD. That is God awful expensive.

Nobody’s changing any minds here. If you want to keep the truck, put some money into keeping it. If you don’t care, can you let me know where yours is parked? Asking for a friend.
lol. Unfortunately there was definitely an ADM on mine and I didn’t really care tbh. But I did get that full value on my insurance for peace of mind. I’ll add a ravelco. Maybe even a compustar alarm when it becomes available for the 2024 models. But that’s about alll I can do really. I’ve had a lot of cars in my time-this is the first I’ve been protective of. Not even close to the most valuable but maybe the most difficult to obtain. At least in my area.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
This isn’t the first vehicle I’ve had that was easy to take and I wanted to keep, but the cost factor is a big diff. If one of my bikes gets nicked, I’m out a few thousand. If my Raptor gets nicked it’s scores of thousands. Yes, I have insurance and I’m confident they will eventually hold up their end of the bargain, but I know it’s not going to be simple, quick or painless. Plus, I’d rather avoid the drama altogether.

it only takes 2 average strength males to lift one of my bikes into the back of a van in about 20-30 seconds tops and be underway. I still want to do what I can to make that less or unlikely to happen.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an Igla installed on my 21 poor man's Raptor. I like that I can remote start the vehicle. I like that someone can take my keys and they still aren't going to be able to drive away with it. Also, Igla does have an anti-carjacking feature that you can turn on. If the driver's door is open and the foot is not on the brake for 3 seconds, the vehicle will put itself in park and stay that way until the pin is entered.

The remote start is why I chose it over the Ravelco.

Waaptuh

Reaction score
Yeah, I mean if you’re getting jacked and surprised, there’s not really a viable choice but to live. but if you’re about to get jacked and you know it, act, don’t react.

But... again, if you’re jacked and someone gets the truck, good for you that you have full coverage. Minus the deductible and the mileage, plus wear and tear deductions. And if you dropped 20k ADM, good luck. But I know someone dropped for 3 claims and he had to seek MAIF from MD. That is God awful expensive.

Nobody’s changing any minds here. If you want to keep the truck, put some money into keeping it. If you don’t care, can you let me know where yours is parked? Asking for a friend.
Haha for sure everyone is going to do what they want. My truck is always parked outside my house in the driveway. Always has and always will. But just because I won’t fight over a car, don’t try and get in my house because that’s a different story and altogether a different outcome. You come in you won’t come out.

HookEm

Reaction score
I guess everyone’s situation might be different, but getting a replacement R via insurance and having them cover the ADM, PPF and other add-ons, plus a stereo upgrade probably isn’t going to go well. Plus, I personally don’t like the 2024s as much as my 23, and I really don’t want to have to go through the process of finding a dealer with an allocation, placing an order, and waiting 12 months for it to show up, and then going through getting PPF, etc all over again. But this is obviously just my opinion. Although it’s a good one

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IGLA is the way to go. Ask anyone from the TRX community.

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess everyone’s situation might be different, but getting a replacement R via insurance and having them cover the ADM, PPF and other add-ons, plus a stereo upgrade probably isn’t going to go well. Plus, I personally don’t like the 2024s as much as my 23, and I really don’t want to have to go through the process of finding a dealer with an allocation, placing an order, and waiting 12 months for it to show up, and then going through getting PPF, etc all over again. But this is obviously just my opinion. Although it’s a good one
I agree with you. It always bothers me having a conversation about anti theft and someone tells me to get insurance … I don’t want to deal with any of it. If rather avoid it in the first place.
Anyways I had the ravelco installed the other day. Igla and compustar don’t work on 24 models. I’m not installing a kill switch myself and so had literally zero options otherwise.
Fingers crossed I don’t have any negative effects

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IGLA is the way to go. Ask anyone from the TRX community.
Igla is not supported on 24 models. They have no idea when it will be either. So not an option in any reasonable amount of time.

flynhigh

Reaction score
I bought some satellite trackers from “https://gpsandtrack.com”. I put one on my truck one on my trailer and on my snowmobile. Pretty happy with it and you can set up geofencing to be notified if it leaves the area. The ones I got are about the size of two decks of cards. Have an internal battery that are supposed to last three years. I believe they were $100 outright which included three years of service so no monthly fee.

You could probably find the fuse for the fuel pump and use that connection point to add in a switch to the circuit with the fuse. Turn the switch off then the fuel pump won’t run and truck won’t start.