Anyone install IGLA anti theft device?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dfw62

Reaction score
After seeing some info on how easily modern cars with touch entry and push button start can be stolen using a code repeater I don't want to park my Raptor anywhere out in public. As a short term solution while I research anti theft options I have pulled the battery from my key fob. I use the keypad on the driver's door to get in, put the fob in the cupholder hole to start and use the truck, and lock the truck with the button on the inside of the door. I like this better than dealing with a Faraday cage key fob pouch.

One option I just came across is a system from IGLA that looks like it does what is needed to secure the vehicle while still allowing full functionality. I have also looked into Ravelco but after seeing IGLA Ravelco seems very old school, plus I want to be able to use remote start and don't want to carry around the plug.

Anyone have experience with IGLA?

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This guy doesnt like IGLA (disclaimer - he talks....A LOT about nothing):

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i use viper. have had viper systems in all myvehicles. compustar has been around for about 12 years now? at least thats when i first saw them. they pretty much do the same thing though. never used igla.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
After seeing some info on how easily modern cars with touch entry and push button start can be stolen using a code repeater I don't want to park my Raptor anywhere out in public. As a short term solution while I research anti theft options I have pulled the battery from my key fob. I use the keypad on the driver's door to get in, put the fob in the cupholder hole to start and use the truck, and lock the truck with the button on the inside of the door. I like this better than dealing with a Faraday cage key fob pouch.
Hope you find your solution soon. All that seems like a pain in the arse. At least you are not taking the truck battery and steering wheel with you each time.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope you find your solution soon. All that seems like a pain in the arse. At least you are not taking the truck battery and steering wheel with you each time.
i remember the old pull out radios. so you could take it with you when you left your vehicle so nobody could steal it

Reaction score
I got igla but the support was not there. They initially sent me a pre programmed unit for a different vehicle. Then after some research realized it’s likely a Russian company.. . After having more issues installing it, I gave up on it.
I highly recommend you look into something like Wialon— mainly for fleet but if you can find some distributor / installer it’s ideal. I got mine in houston

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an Igla installed in my Raptor a couple of weeks ago. I like it so far. With the app integration, I just get in and go. Occasionally, the app needs to be reset, that's the only time I have to enter the code.

OP
OP
dfw62

dfw62

Reaction score
I had an Igla installed in my Raptor a couple of weeks ago. I like it so far. With the app integration, I just get in and go. Occasionally, the app needs to be reset, that's the only time I have to enter the code.

Any functionality issues with your IGLA? On my 2022, the truck does not shut down when you shift into gear after remote starting about 95% of the time. When it lets you put it in gear and drive away the headlights flicker and the headlamp setting comes on and off on the instrument panel. It does this until the code is entered. My installer was unable to resolve the issue. Since I only use remote start when I have the truck in sight I have been OK with living with it.

I use the IGLA key fob in place of entering the code. Find it very convenient and accept the fact that if someone gets my keys they can take the truck. Haven’t tried the app. Is it as easy as the key fob in that you can just get in and hit the start button if you have your phone in your pocket?

Another little quirk when entering the code (not using the IGLA key fob) is that the headlamp setting comes up on the instrument panel briefly. My installer said this was normal and not a concern. I saw the same thing in one of the YouTube videos I watched on a 2023 (I think) F150.

I have also found when entering the code if I begin to enter the code immediately after the initial push of the start button it will not always disarm. If I pause briefly after the initial push of the start button to “let the truck wake up” before entering the code it disarms. I avoid this annoyance by using the IGLA key fob.

Despite the above I am satisfied with my IGLA as it gives me piece of mind that my truck can’t be stolen by a hacker copying my Ford key fob code. However I was not happy about the $1200 price tag. Ravelco would have been about $500 less but I didn’t want to have to carry around the plug on my key chain and lose my ability to remote start.

Anyone else with an IGLA please share your experience. If having issues please share along with any resolutions. Thanks

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any functionality issues with your IGLA? On my 2022, the truck does not shut down when you shift into gear after remote starting about 95% of the time. When it lets you put it in gear and drive away the headlights flicker and the headlamp setting comes on and off on the instrument panel. It does this until the code is entered. My installer was unable to resolve the issue. Since I only use remote start when I have the truck in sight I have been OK with living with it.

I use the IGLA key fob in place of entering the code. Find it very convenient and accept the fact that if someone gets my keys they can take the truck. Haven’t tried the app. Is it as easy as the key fob in that you can just get in and hit the start button if you have your phone in your pocket?

Another little quirk when entering the code (not using the IGLA key fob) is that the headlamp setting comes up on the instrument panel briefly. My installer said this was normal and not a concern. I saw the same thing in one of the YouTube videos I watched on a 2023 (I think) F150.

I have also found when entering the code if I begin to enter the code immediately after the initial push of the start button it will not always disarm. If I pause briefly after the initial push of the start button to “let the truck wake up” before entering the code it disarms. I avoid this annoyance by using the IGLA key fob.

Despite the above I am satisfied with my IGLA as it gives me piece of mind that my truck can’t be stolen by a hacker copying my Ford key fob code. However I was not happy about the $1200 price tag. Ravelco would have been about $500 less but I didn’t want to have to carry around the plug on my key chain and lose my ability to remote start.

Anyone else with an IGLA please share your experience. If having issues please share along with any resolutions. Thanks
Not going to install something that messes with the computer program

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter