First time in the snow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, its snowing here in NY and I had to go pick up my sister from the local train station. Its about a 10 min. ride under normal circumstances, but the snow was accumulating quickly. Temps were down in the 20's and it made for pretty treacherous conditions. Not helping much is the fact that its rush hour and the road is like a race track. Turns everywhere. No problems for me. Put the Raptor in 4HI and was off. I was pleasantly surprised with how composed the truck is. Never once did I slip unless I did it on purpose. The Raptor is a ******* tank! It look me an hour to do a 20 min. trip(other cars), but atleast I had fun and got to experience the Raptor in the snow for the first time. I love my Raptor.

OP
OP
Stingray23

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Surprised you even bothered putting it in 4wd.

Its my first 4x4 and wanted to see how it works and be 100% careful.

Once you put Duratracs on, you don't have to put it in 4wd!

-Greg

Duratracs are coming next year!

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

At least you didn't shut it in the barn like raptor911.
Lol!

My Raptor sleeps outside.

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! It's does pretty well will stock tires in the snow in 4x4. I first tried in 2wd and it was fun, but not very functional. Haha

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have some stock tiers at www.watertownfordchrysler.com if any one wants to buy them. $600 $700 bucks I think is what they have on them for all 4. under 9k on them.
any way the duratracs are better in the snow by far and I'm getting better mpg. you can drive threw 3 foot of snow with out blinking an eye.

Truck Wolf

Banned
Reaction score
Got my Duratracs on. Very confidence-inspiring in the white stuff!

rapdec12.jpg

(my driveway, a couple weeks ago)

Last edited: