First modifications?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

APOL

Reaction score
Hi, I'm considering a 2011 scab raptor and was wondering what would mods you guys put on your raptor first and how much you spent on them. Have you noticed anything on your raptors that they lacked in? Such as different tires? Different headlights? Different skid plate? I just like to be prepared

-Thanks In Advance

Ms. MI Raptor

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Hi, I'm considering a 2011 scab raptor and was wondering what would mods you guys put on your raptor first and how much you spent on them. Have you noticed anything on your raptors that they lacked in? Such as different tires? Different headlights? Different skid plate? I just like to be prepared

-Thanks In Advance

All of the above. My first mod was tonneau cover for security purposes. Tires depend on your climate and driving preference (I don't personally think they're all that wonderful in snow) and headlights in a 2011 def have room for improvement.

It's a wonderful truck but everyone has a different expectation of what it should be. I've had 2 and still no Raptor Retrofits but I have upgraded to Vision X bulbs in the interim.

While I haven't tested the skid plate on my 2012, the one on my 2010 held up perfectly fine to a harsher landing than normal driving would ever warrant. But if you want to hang with some of the hard core drivers on here (ahem, SPRSNK) you'll need to mod most every part of the truck.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2011. Lots of mods available. I have the raptor retrofit headlights. Rpg stage 3. Good starting point. Just recently the general grabbers. Good in sand. Hope to try them in snow this winter at the snowball. All mods are pretty expensive. Just depends on what your wallet will allow. Good luck. All the vendors here are good. And most will pm you a price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Leeann

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Bottom line is once you do one mod, you can't stop.