First Detail - Adamized the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TheWolf

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally took bed rail covers off...got tons of dirt out. Highly recommend it's easy to take off once you find all the tabs under bed rail....need pliers and something like a wood wedge to hold the cover up as you pop tabs loose... Good luck finding all the dirt!

I have actually been trying to ignore the thought of how much dirt might be hiding under there. It would be quite the job to get my rail covers off, since I have the TCUSA bed cover, which was a PITA to get installed straight and level. When I wash, I do hit those cracks with the pressure washer really good, then blow it out with the MasterBlaster. Sometimes, a lot of dirt and sand gets washed out.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have actually been trying to ignore the thought of how much dirt might be hiding under there. It would be quite the job to get my rail covers off, since I have the TCUSA bed cover, which was a PITA to get installed straight and level. When I wash, I do hit those cracks with the pressure washer really good, then blow it out with the MasterBlaster. Sometimes, a lot of dirt and sand gets washed out.

Man as thoroughly as you clean your truck and you let the underside of your bedrails stay dirty. I'm so disappointed especially since I looked up to you as a cleaning master. Lol. :ROFLJest:

OP
OP
TheWolf

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man as thoroughly as you clean your truck and you let the underside of your bedrails stay dirty. I'm so disappointed especially since I looked up to you as a cleaning master. Lol. :ROFLJest:

:facepalm: [Head down in shame] So sorry to disappoint you...

But I have been working hard this weekend to get even more shine! Once I get the final photos and write-up done, maybe I can regain your respect. :laughing1:

20150612_170755.jpg

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
:facepalm: [Head down in shame] So sorry to disappoint you...

But I have been working hard this weekend to get even more shine! Once I get the final photos and write-up done, maybe I can regain your respect. :laughing1:

View attachment 65210

Dude you need to stop posting so much of you cleaning your truck. I may have to block you. I've ordered $650 worth of shit from Adam's in the last two weeks because of how good your truck looks. And that's not including the power washer I picked up to go with it. Lol. Actually I've went by your thread to see what I needed to try and keep up with you. It just sucks how long it takes to clean a big ass black truck the right way. I wanted to kill myself earlier because I was using the VRT on my trim and decided to do my tires. I don't think Toyo MT's are meant to be coated with that shit. An hour and a half later I finally had all the nooks and crannies covered. Lol. Never again.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dude you need to stop posting so much of you cleaning your truck. I may have to block you. I've ordered $650 worth of shit from Adam's in the last two weeks because of how good your truck looks. And that's not including the power washer I picked up to go with it. Lol. Actually I've went by your thread to see what I needed to try and keep up with you. It just sucks how long it takes to clean a big ass black truck the right way. I wanted to kill myself earlier because I was using the VRT on my trim and decided to do my tires. I don't think Toyo MT's are meant to be coated with that shit. An hour and a half later I finally had all the nooks and crannies covered. Lol. Never again.

All u have to do is delute it there's a recipe 30% I think. I use it to do my spray in bead liner with a mop.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

And tonneau cover

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Tires I use the wheel brush with the same solution in a shallow bucket.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All u have to do is delute it there's a recipe 30% I think. I use it to do my spray in bead liner with a mop.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

And tonneau cover

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Tires I use the wheel brush with the same solution in a shallow bucket.

Oh cool thanks I didn't know that. I sure wish I knew that earlier. I was using a small paint brush and pad like a ********. Lol.

OP
OP
TheWolf

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nooooooo, don't block me @cbcgeneral I can't help it.

Yes, you can dilute the SVRT to make it sprayable, at the ratio @Wilson listed, but give the Tire Shine a try. It goes on easier and lasts a lot longer then SVRT.

There is a video in this thread, Post #9, on using a detail brush to get the tread blocks.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f36/adams-new-weekly-video-series-|-ask-shine-doc-42700/

And, yes, it does take some time on the aggressive tires. For the stock BFGs, I can dress the tires in about 10 minutes. Spray on the Tire Shine, then level it out with a hex grip tire applicator. I also use a piece of cardboard cut to fit around the tire to keep from making a mess on the garage floor.

20150503_105422.jpg

20150503_105841.jpg

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nooooooo, don't block me @cbcgeneral I can't help it.

Yes, you can dilute the SVRT to make it sprayable, at the ratio @Wilson listed, but give the Tire Shine a try. It goes on easier and lasts a lot longer then SVRT.

There is a video in this thread, Post #9, on using a detail brush to get the tread blocks.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f36/adams-new-weekly-video-series-|-ask-shine-doc-42700/

And, yes, it does take some time on the aggressive tires. For the stock BFGs, I can dress the tires in about 10 minutes. Spray on the Tire Shine, then level it out with a hex grip tire applicator. I also use a piece of cardboard cut to fit around the tire to keep from making a mess on the garage floor.

View attachment 65212

View attachment 65213

Doesn't the tire shine make it really glossy though. Dude since I first saw your thread I've watched every Adam's video and placed three seperate orders. I do have some nice products. I just bought the paint correction kit and plan on talking that next weekend. I really wanted to buy the Cyclo but I already have the Porter Cable so it seemed like it would be a waste. Im thinking about buying master blaster next how do you like it.