First Detail - Adamized the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I like the Buttery Wax and the Americana. Both go on super easy! @TheWolf and @RAPTORSV are pretty much the Raptor detailing gods of FRF and what they said is spot on.

I'll add this, I already had Buttery Wax and decided to buy another brand of premium paste wax since I just didn't believe all the hype of Americana. Well eventually, I bought Americana and I can tell you without a doubt, it is the best wax that I've ever used. Goes on with ease and more importantly COMES OFF with ease! Not to mention it leaves a ridiculous shine and lasts for months.

As @TheWolf stated before, definitely start with Liquid Paint Sealant. I stack Liquid Paint Sealant and then top with Americana when I do my twice a year details. But honestly, we've had a tremendous amount of rain down here in Texas this year and I haven't done my spring detail yet and the paint is still beading perfectly. I'm honestly blown away that the sealant and wax haven't degraded considering my truck was absolutely filthy and covered with mud from TRR. It's been 7 months since my last complete detail, for the record.

The only change I would recommend from the information above is to go ahead and throw a coat of wax on top of the Liquid Paint Sealant. I just think the additional shine is worth it. Maybe @TheWolf is right about not being able to tell the difference, but I think it's worth it and another layer of protection can't hurt with the amount of abuse our paint takes.

Gilligan

Reaction score
Sounds like some good advice and I appreciate the reassurance on what others have already said. Thanks for taking the time to post that.

Knowing me I'll grab a can of Americana just to give it a shot if they have some good Memorial Day sales. Adams is such a deep rooted American company I suspect they will

OP
OP
TheWolf

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only change I would recommend from the information above is to go ahead and throw a coat of wax on top of the Liquid Paint Sealant. I just think the additional shine is worth it. Maybe @TheWolf is right about not being able to tell the difference, but I think it's worth it and another layer of protection can't hurt with the amount of abuse our paint takes.

I totally agree, on a black truck you can't beat Americana on top of Liquid Paint Sealant. Makes for some deep, deep shine. I have done that combo twice now. The extra protection of two layers is also a huge plus.

Now saying that, I did get a small tin of the legendary Patriot Wax during the 15th Anniversary Flash Sale. It is supposed to be even deeper and easier than Americana (but doesn't last as long). Once pollen season is over, I am going to try the Patriot over a fresh coat of sealant.

Sounds like some good advice and I appreciate the reassurance on what others have already said. Thanks for taking the time to post that.

Knowing me I'll grab a can of Americana just to give it a shot if they have some good Memorial Day sales. Adams is such a deep rooted American company I suspect they will

Holiday? Adam's Sale? I would put good money on that!

Gilligan

Reaction score
We need a special designed Raptor Patriot, or at least Americana run with the fancy can and all! I made mention of a mini run in another thread, but I'd be up for taking it to the next level. No reply back from @AdamsPolishes on that yet but it doesn't look like they've checked the forum since then either.

OP
OP
TheWolf

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We need a special designed Raptor Patriot, or at least Americana run with the fancy can and all! I made mention of a mini run in another thread, but I'd be up for taking it to the next level. No reply back from @AdamsPolishes on that yet but it doesn't look like they've checked the forum since then either.

I think @AdamsPolishes has been too busy modding his new Raptor to post much. That, or his wife grounded him from FRF for spending too much money. :ROFLJest:

OP
OP
TheWolf

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On your next order, pick up one of the new Wash Wedges. I have used it a few times now and it works really well. It is light, easy to hold onto, and holds tons of suds.

I have been using the Wash Wedge for the upper two-thirds of the truck, and then a regular wash pad for the lower, dirtier areas like the rockers, bumpers and grill.

20150517_130750.jpg

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I'm still here... I lurk daily and post where relevant... but I'm also spending way too much money modding the Raptor already. Wheels and tires arrive today :D

As far as the custom run of Patriot, anything is possible - the minimums becoe the problem. By the time we have the file drawn up in CAD, prototyped, then set into production we have to do about 200+/- units minimum to recoup costs. You guys are certainly an active group and a great customer segment for us, but I don't know if there are 200+ of you willing to spend $200+ on a wax thats more for show than it is durable.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I need some tips on my wheels and tires.

Got all the mud off of everything, front and back, soaked everything with the green all purpose cleaner, then scrubbed the tires with stiff bristle scrubber and the wheel cleaner that goes in your drill, rinse and repeat, soak in SVRT.

Eveythib get is still brown and dingy looking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc