Finally quality LED tail lights!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yours look different from mine.Did the inside look the same a the install pictures on this post ? Each side has it's own electronics so if they are both rapid I am wondering if you got Recons. The website for the lights lists Philips as the electronics supplier.I had the paint shop paint the chrome strip red.I will try and post some pics.

Nope, mine have two curcuit boards in them but they came just hanging by two wires each. There was some double sided sticky tape on the back to secure them somewhere. So I stuck them to the inside of the fender .

Try reversing the plug. I believe the 3 prong plug will go either way.

I just tried that and nogo. I did notice that all four plugs have a paint dot on one side of the prong. The problem is which side should that dot be facing? The prongs have 4 wires coming out of them.

I'll take pics later.

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may need a load resistor, the current draw on Light emitted Diodes is much less than what a Bulb takes, this will cause them to flicker,

Banned
Reaction score
Youve got the rapid flash with signals?
What about with hazard lights?

When I upgraded my rangers tailights to LED's instead of the normal bulbs (directly replaced bulbs, stock everything else) I had the hyper flash.
It's due to the LED's using so little power the flasher relay thinks the bulbs are just burnt out. I needed a new one. Picked up an ep27, swapped it out and it worked.
That may be all you need.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Youve got the rapid flash with signals?
What about with hazard lights?

When I upgraded my rangers tailights to LED's instead of the normal bulbs (directly replaced bulbs, stock everything else) I had the hyper flash.
It's due to the LED's using so little power the flasher relay thinks the bulbs are just burnt out. I needed a new one. Picked up an ep27, swapped it out and it worked.
That may be all you need.

Hazard lights work normal.

What is an EP27?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?b3t343

Banned
Reaction score
It's a flasher relay. Made for LED's
Most auto parts stores should have em.
No idea if that's the one you need, but that's the one that worked for me.

Google it, and see if it's the same looking as your stock one. If it is, replace it!

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's a flasher relay. Made for LED's
Most auto parts stores should have em.
No idea if that's the one you need, but that's the one that worked for me.

Google it, and see if it's the same looking as your stock one. If it is, replace it!

Which spot in the fuse box did you use? I ask because I pulled the two fuses (power distribution box) that looked like these in spots 37 & 38. Funny thing was that the blinkers still kept blinking.

Owners Manual states that these two fuses belong to the TT Right/Left stop/turn relay. Am I looking at the wrong fuses?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?gkx1bs

Banned
Reaction score
I have no idea. I have a ranger :p
Mine was under the steering wheel tucked up in there.