Finally pulled the trigger! - Northeast OH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How you guys are getting prices just over invoice blows me away. Granted, Ive done this on my last 4 vehicles. but on the raptor, here in Colorado, all dealers are asking $6,000 - $10,000 OVER MSRP, and they are getting it!

I went back and forth for weeks with two dealers here, best they would do is $3,500 over MSRP and that was a "Crazy Deal". While I was at the dealer i spoke with a guy picking his up, he paid $6,000 over.

Finally got a dealer here to sell me an incoming truck AT MSRP. That was a project, but got that done. Ordered and waiting for it to be delivered to the dealer.

Currently have a 2011 platninum with ecoboost on 35's...

--John

OP
OP
S

seano04

Reaction score
How you guys are getting prices just over invoice blows me away. Granted, Ive done this on my last 4 vehicles. but on the raptor, here in Colorado, all dealers are asking $6,000 - $10,000 OVER MSRP, and they are getting it!

I went back and forth for weeks with two dealers here, best they would do is $3,500 over MSRP and that was a "Crazy Deal". While I was at the dealer i spoke with a guy picking his up, he paid $6,000 over.

Finally got a dealer here to sell me an incoming truck AT MSRP. That was a project, but got that done. Ordered and waiting for it to be delivered to the dealer.

--John

In addition to knowing some of the dealership guys, my dad just leased a 2014 F150 ecoboost. We kind of negotiated my Raptor pricing during my dad's lease (but the lease was going through the A-plan and was a steal itself).

Congrats on yours! I'm currently in a 2004 FX4 so I'm sure this will be a nice upgrade. I just got the vin and we're scheduled for early June production.

NDPUTNAM

Full Access Member
Reaction score

--John

All about shopping around! I ended up ordering mine from a dealer in Kansas for $50 over invoice. I called about 30 dealers before this one. Ordered 4-17 and truck was built this week! Decided to pick it up instead of drop shipping it to experience some of the terrain from Kansas back to CA!

JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally pulled the trigger and ordered a 2014 Raptor last week. Dealer priced me at $1500 over invoice. I've been kicking the decision around for about 2 years now and I couldn't be more excited.

Dealer said it could take 6-8 weeks or up to 3 months. I feel like a kid on Christmas waiting to open presents. I've got a contact out of the Michigan plant too so I'm hoping to get a heads-up so I can see it getting built.

Good luck on that

--John

Make lots of phone calls and research

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck getting under msrp now. I'm usually a pro at this thing, haven't paid over invoice in my last 4 or 5 vehicles. After spending way way way too much time calling and visiting dealers I settled for MSRP. That said, 2 friends bought recently. One $5,000 over msrp and one $3,100 over. --John