Finally have OEM HIDs on my '12

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DUchester

Reaction score
Looks awesome! I have a 2012 Raptor and have been looking for factory HIDs for a while. Where did you buy yours and how much did they run you?

OP
OP
C

cowtownraptor

Reaction score
Thanks Guys,

yeah the harness ended up costing me a lot more than I expected, since the pigtails were pricey. if I knew I would have gone with the already made harnesses, but I was too far down the path to turn back.

all said and done for mine with shipping came to $700 CAD for a brand new set of lights (I kind of lucked out on EBAY)

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

I wonder if it would be legal to have the park lights as DRL in Canada that would be safer in my opinion anyway with all 4 corners lite up.

from what I read, I do think the '13 do this for their DRL. but I'm not 100% sure,

I need to pay attention to the '13 trucks up here and see

Sca1pel

Reaction score
Very nice, I LOVE mine.... I got black ones too on my 10' and it looks awesome..

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
They make a module to make your parking lights into DRLs. They also have them that makes your front signals into DRLs which IMO would be even safer and cooler looking. Think C5 Corvette or 4th gen Camaro or Trans Ams.

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've made a point of looking at the lights during the day and it seems that the new '13 models with HID's use the park lights for DRL's. Would definitely be interested in finding a module to do this. It was hard enough to get the dealer to activate my plug-n-play remote start let alone change the DRL mode.

Last edited:

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats interesting! I will look into changing the DRL from headlight to park lights.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

They make a module to make your parking lights into DRLs. They also have them that makes your front signals into DRLs which IMO would be even safer and cooler looking. Think C5 Corvette or 4th gen Camaro or Trans Ams.

Isn't the parking lights and front signal lights the same thing.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Thats interesting! I will look into changing the DRL from headlight to park lights.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Isn't the parking lights and front signal lights the same thing.

Same bulb but has 2 filaments... lower wattage = parking and high wattage = signal. If you notice how bright they are on C5's and f-bodies, that's the reason. :)

KBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much did you spend doing the entire project? I have a '12 and would like to upgrade to HID's.