Finally have OEM HIDs on my '12

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cowtownraptor

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share just in case anyone was thinking of fittin OEM HID headlights assemblies into their raptor. I decided I wanted the black FX4/harley davidson assemblies instead of the grey Raptor ones.

Install was really easy. would be even easier if you bought a Plugnplay wiring harness.

I was being cheap and thought I can make the harness myself. so I ended up buying a Dual Beam HID harness from ebay and a set of headlight pigtails to make my own harness. Over all price was ~$80 (pigtails was $60)

I realy like how the black headlights look with my white raptor

9778551411_0cc0292585_z.jpg

9778736245_f6b3d7c6c0_z.jpg

after 2 days this work great. we'll just have to see if my novice electrical abilities is good enough for the long haul. at least I have fuses in the right places so I won't be damaging anything

only problem I have now is that I have DRLs,so the headlight go on all the time. still in the midst of researching on what the best way to deal with it is.

if you guys have any suggestions let me know.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Black is the only option when putting them on a non-13 model IMO!! I did this back in March, but I bought used housings and retrofitted D2S bulbs in them. Did the 5Five Morimoto 5000K bulbs. :)

IMG_7363_zps1c2ca944.jpg

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Totally agree- I have an extra conversion harness if you want to go that route. Much easier and it works perfect

Attachments

• IMG_0660.jpg
    IMG_0660.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 61

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did the same thing but got the plug and play harness, install was very quick. I too have DRLs which turn the lights on all the time, I think if you switch over to parking lights they go off and just the amber portion illuminate, but I could be mistaken.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share just in case anyone was thinking of fittin OEM HID headlights assemblies into their raptor. I decided I wanted the black FX4/harley davidson assemblies instead of the grey Raptor ones.

Install was really easy. would be even easier if you bought a Plugnplay wiring harness.

I was being cheap and thought I can make the harness myself. so I ended up buying a Dual Beam HID harness from ebay and a set of headlight pigtails to make my own harness. Over all price was ~$80 (pigtails was $60)

I realy like how the black headlights look with my white raptor

9778551411_0cc0292585_z.jpg

9778736245_f6b3d7c6c0_z.jpg

after 2 days this work great. we'll just have to see if my novice electrical abilities is good enough for the long haul. at least I have fuses in the right places so I won't be damaging anything

only problem I have now is that I have DRLs,so the headlight go on all the time. still in the midst of researching on what the best way to deal with it is.

if you guys have any suggestions let me know.

$80.00 in parts? You do know the ready made harness is only $100.00?

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

I did the same thing but got the plug and play harness, install was very quick. I too have DRLs which turn the lights on all the time, I think if you switch over to parking lights they go off and just the amber portion illuminate, but I could be mistaken.

No, they do not go out with the the the park lights selected.

Last edited:

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue and decided to just leave them on all the time I talked to Dawson and he said the bulbs last a long time so not an issue. There is a procedure the dealer can do on their programmer that will turn them off and use the park lights as DRL instead if you prefer

Sent from my S4

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if it would be legal to have the park lights as DRL in Canada that would be safer in my opinion anyway with all 4 corners lite up.