Finally a Blue Flame graces my drive way!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AuPanda

AuPanda

Reaction score
web.jpg

As you can tell the dogs had no problem claiming their seats.

Update: got my butt in the Raptor and took it to PT today. This is a big truck and I can feel every one of it's pounds...The cabin is fairly quite and for a truck the on-road feel is adequate and it certainly doesn't punish you but you never forget it's a truck. I have not really gunned the engine as the truck only had 13 miles on it yesterday and is at about 75 right now. The 6.2 has plenty of torque and is more than adequate to haul it's large ass around. The rear view camera is a must and very useable...never had one before so I think it is quite the bees knees at this point. I can also feel the height and suspension in the truck when cornering or coming to a stop...pretty much what I expected out of an off-road vehicle, but still very drivable on the street.

JohntheDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your new ride! That Blue paint really shines, I've never seen a Blue Raptor in person, must be awesome. Hang in there with that knee, I'm also a member of the bad knee club!! The more you drive your Raptor, the more you will bond with it and appreciate all it has to offer. ENJOY!! The long wait is OVER!!!

JoyJoy

Uber
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Congrats AuPanda! Talk encouragement to heal up...feel better and get that truck dirty already. : )

OP
OP
AuPanda

AuPanda

Reaction score
Hi Art, it's good to "see you" - glad you were able to drive it!

How does the Raptor compare to your F150 FX4 you had?

Like my previous F150, the Raptor is quite, feels solid and has an heir of quality that is hard to quantify. The Raptor, with it's taller tires and increased ride height, feels a bit top-heavy and generally leans under acceleration, deceleration and cornering. The 6.2 changes the complexion of the truck compared to the 5.4 I had. I feel like the 6.2 can get the truck into some trouble by working the suspension harder and faster than the 5.4; I'll be interested to see how it feels in the rain and high winds. Of course this is all really preliminary as I have not even clocked 100 miles on the truck yet....but no regrets here.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats! Sorry to hear about the knee. I had knee surgery on both knees about 10 years ago...not fun.

shoepolishsmelling

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey man sux about the knee but you should heal up soon take it easy though as I always tell my young soldiers we can replace a item of equipment we can't replace you so it's important you let the knee heal properly so if this means no wild Baja jaring races in Vegas so be it. nice color btw :)