Feedback on RPG 2.25" collar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bradams

Reaction score
Been rolling with a 2.25 perch installed last year shortly after delivery (about 1/2 inch from level). Ready to go next level with 37s. Looking pretty hard at Nitto Ridge Grappler and Fuel Vapor D560 black wheels. Did read from a few on line that running 37s does indeed decrease power somewhat, not sure if that means the get up and go is gone with 37s. Anyone care to share how your Gen II feels with bigger tires in terms of the pedal push and how the truck responds verses the "hot rod" feel with smaller stock tires.

Attachments

• 20180819_100701 (1).jpg
    20180819_100701 (1).jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 260

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I definitely feel the 37s when braking and in the steering. I went with an MPT tune at the same time and it more than made up for any loss of power!

Bradams

Reaction score
I definitely feel the 37s when braking and in the steering. I went with an MPT tune at the same time and it more than made up for any loss of power!

I'll get a taste of that come Friday afternoon. Haven't really done anything to my rig since throwing on a 2.25 perch to level it out some. So fairly excited to see how much more aggressive the stance is and of course how it rides. I'll get a pic sometime over the weekend. So is the MPT tune something only a truck garage should do if you go with the kit? I'm in South Dakota and just want to be sure my Gen II is ready for winter in the event i feel any power loss...Wondering if the warranty could be voided if the dealer discovers you've done this type of mod??

Last edited:

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So is the MPT tune something only a truck garage should do if you go with the kit? I'm in South Dakota and just want to be sure my Gen II is ready for winter in the event i feel any power loss...Wondering if the warranty could be voided if the dealer discovers you've done this type of mod??

You can buy the NGauge and MPT tunes online without going to a shop. Installing a new tune is pretty easy even if you are not technical. A lot of folks are also running a bigger aftermarket IC which can also be done at home, but it is a much larger job involving a couple hours of work. If you are not mechanically inclined, I do not recommend doing it yourself.

MPT gives you your factory tune, so you can return it to stock before taking your truck into the dealer. They will be able to tell your truck has been flashed "X" number of times, so the decision is yours if you want to take it back to stock every time you have it serviced.

The warranty topic is a major discussion, but it is really up to your servicing dealer as to how they will treat you when your truck is tuned. Some will work on your truck no problem, others will balk at fixing things that "might" be related to the tune. The way the laws are written, they have to prove it is the fault of the tune before declining a warranty claim, but there are many stories that show this is not always the case with certain dealers.

Last edited:

codyaxm

Reaction score
I have the 2.25 inch collar on my truck and makes an insane difference. Especially once coupled with a new set of wheels and tires. Transforms the truck. Drives great.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the 2.25 inch collar on my truck and makes an insane difference. Especially once coupled with a new set of wheels and tires. Transforms the truck. Drives great.

What do you consider an insane difference for the collars? In how it looks? Tires can change the feel of the truck on the road.

Bradams

Reaction score
New Look With 37 Nitto Ridge Grappers

Alright well here's the new look after installing 37s with Fuel Crush 20 inch wheels today. There was some trimming required, a little more on one side then the other. Very pleased with the look and don't feel any loss of power yet driving around today. With offset at 1, wheels just slightly sticking past fender and looks just right...

Attachments

• 20180824_191602.jpg
    20180824_191602.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 268
  • 20180824_162917.jpg
    20180824_162917.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 249
  • 20180824_191546.jpg
    20180824_191546.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 251

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New Look With 37 Nitto Ridge Grappers

Alright well here's the new look after installing 37s with Fuel Crush 20 inch wheels today. There was some trimming required, a little more on one side then the other. Very pleased with the look and don't feel any loss of power yet driving around today. With offset at 1, wheels just slightly sticking past fender and looks just right...

So you're still running the 2.25" perch up front? Anything done to the rear?

I have the ICON AAC kit set at 1.75 currently but I can increase it to the 2.25 easily...just want to know if that's all I would need to clear 37's without rubbing. (I know here will probably be a small amount of trimming required)

Bradams

Reaction score
So you're still running the 2.25" perch up front? Anything done to the rear?

I have the ICON AAC kit set at 1.75 currently but I can increase it to the 2.25 easily...just want to know if that's all I would need to clear 37's without rubbing. (I know here will probably be a small amount of trimming required)

Nothing done to the back...Yeah still rolling with the 2.25 perch kit. I know there will be some rubbing on full compression if going off road. I have turned hard left into parking lots the last couple days and did hear a quick rub...Basically hit a pot hole. So can't say there's not going to be occasional rubbing when your bounce around on full lock...