Fan running WAY too high

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmar311

Reaction score
So I have a 2018 SCREW and just this week I noticed the fan is running way too high and is so loud its very noticeable. This has never happened before. It was just serviced with all fluids topped off.

Yes I do live in Tampa but past summers it never did this. Is this a 'known' issue? And if so can anyone advise what I can do to resolve it besides 'take it to the stealership'? Any help is appreciated.

OP
OP
jmar311

jmar311

Reaction score
Thanks ColoradoBoss. I thought about that to clear codes and possibly resolve the issue. How long should I keep it disconnected before reconnect?

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not long, you could probably disconnect it, step on the brakes and then reconnect it and it should go away. That's what I've done before.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My fans would come on high when ever I flashed a tune from BCB and I’d have to disconnect the battery to make the fans stop. The BCB tune also made my engine run hot so I quit using them.

IHAVETWO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine runns much more since they reflashed my ecm for cam faser replacement.is that normal?