Expected Gas Mileage for 2017 Raptor? (10-Speed Transmission)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wvraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife has 15 Navigator with the Lincoln EB which is 380hp and 460tq. 4.10 gears. With my wife putting around in it it barely gets past 14 mpg. It does have GOBS of torque, but there is nothing Eco about it.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't care if it gets 8 MPG or 20 MPG. Mileage isn't a concern when I purchase a vehicle. If I have to worry about it, I'm out of my price range...

Good thinking, particularly as it pertains to 6,000 pound vehicles, trucks (which are generally as aerodynamic as a brick), 4x4s (which are geared lower), vehicles which are designed for high speed off road use, and vehicles with high performance engines.

Anyone who buys a full-sized 4x4 truck designed for high speed off-road use with a 400+ bhp engine under the hood and is concerned about fuel economy is either ignorant of basic physics, ignorant of the realities of automotive design, doesn't know his own mind, or some combination of the three.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately for those who still value real horsepower and the sound of 8 cylinders, the real world is changing. Perception is everything. Look at the Corvette. Completely redesigned to appeal to the younger generation that wants to be more Eco minded.

Even though the new gen 2 Raptor won't get much better mileage, this new generation of drivers will be able to say they are doing their part by buying a 6 cylinder. It'll probably have a green leaf on it somewhere to show they are committed to the environment.

Hopefully they will vote accordingly and help save the off-road lands that are in danger of being gobbled up by the same "environmentalist" that are pushing for the all new Eco-friendly vehicles.

Wvraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
8e505c2646960f422f3004ed4e74b038.jpg

It may be designed to appeal to the younger crowd, but it's one fast SOB!

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

59798d43e9ceeadc366cc58921d12700.jpg

I'm guessing not to many z06 leave dealer with a booster seat. :) he thought was the king of the world that trip.

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuel economy does matter. If it got 1MPG, nobody would buy it. Obviously anyone who owns a pickup truck is not overly concerned, but it does matter.

I don't really care about fuel cost, but not having to stop for gas all the time is excellent. And if they pick up an extra 2 or 3 MPG, that might mean I can go an extra 100 miles without having to visit a gas station.

What is more of a concern IMO is that they hold onto the 36 gallon tank. If they decide to put a 20gal tank in it, I would lose a lot of interest.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Perception is everything. Look at the Corvette. Completely redesigned to appeal to the younger generation that wants to be more Eco minded.

What makes you say that? Last I heard the Corvette was still V8 powered, on up through the 650 hp Z06 and with a new a ZR1 rumored to be in the works.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What makes you say that? Last I heard the Corvette was still V8 powered, on up through the 650 hp Z06 and with a new a ZR1 rumored to be in the works.

I didn't say that the new vette has a smaller engine. I did refer to the redesign of the exterior to appeal to a younger demographic of buyers.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't say that the new vette has a smaller engine. I did refer to the redesign of the exterior to appeal to a younger demographic of buyers.

You said "eco minded", though. What's "eco minded" about a 650 hp sports car?

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately for those who still value real horsepower and the sound of 8 cylinders, the real world is changing. Perception is everything. Look at the Corvette. Completely redesigned to appeal to the younger generation that wants to be more Eco minded.

Even though the new gen 2 Raptor won't get much better mileage, this new generation of drivers will be able to say they are doing their part by buying a 6 cylinder. It'll probably have a green leaf on it somewhere to show they are committed to the environment.

Hopefully they will vote accordingly and help save the off-road lands that are in danger of being gobbled up by the same "environmentalist" that are pushing for the all new Eco-friendly vehicles.

Hopefully the Green leaf will be on the tailgate so you have something to look at constantly ahead of you.