Exhaust Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justuspost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally went with the Roush cat back and CAI. They use kooks headers, but headers almost always require a tune, sc or not. I want to keep my engine warranty, so I've purposely avoided tunes and the sc. The Roush kit added a little mpg (if I can keep my foot out of it) and a lot of throttle response. The cat back kits you can install yourself. But with any exhaust, it's always best practice to tack it down. I also went with factory exit path. The rear exit looks cool, but also takes a bit off your angle and risks more damage off road.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you can get headers and use the stock exhaust, but you won't...b/c you'll just want to change it out later. i've been through 4 exhaust changes before i just went with a custom setup. i have stainless works headers so it worked out great, good sound, not obnoxious but still mean...

in terms of a tune, there are several threads detailing the differences from some of the major tuners on there, really a preference thing when it comes to tunes. but, it's a must with headers or you'll run lean. that and you'll throw codes left and right...the header install is a bitch, i did it and had it actually recently redone by a shop. you'll be looking at upwards of $1k or more for an install.

headers, exhaust and tune, you'll notice a definite difference in performance, driving manners, shifting, exhaust note, etc. definitely worth it IMO...cost does add up though...

Do you have any video of your current setup?

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have any video of your current setup?

I have one that KHC sent me but only shows interior sound while cruising, idle and wot. Once I have the truck back I'll get more video.

Sent from a creepy white van with no windows...

OP
OP
gatechgolf

gatechgolf

Reaction score
Does the SW headers come with the Y pipe? When I look on RaptorAddict.com they have headers for sale there and say that they require a different Y-pipe. Just making sure before I make the purchase.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does the SW headers come with the Y pipe? When I look on RaptorAddict.com they have headers for sale there and say that they require a different Y-pipe. Just making sure before I make the purchase.
Are you doing a whole SW system? Our just the headers? Are you running cats?

Donate to Avery and be entered into a raffle for an awesome prize for your Raptor.

TRAIN HORNS!!! Thanks to Hornblasters.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=801448

OP
OP
gatechgolf

gatechgolf

Reaction score
No, not the entire system. I would get the SW headers then probably a Corsa exhaust as someone recommend earlier in this thread.

Yes, it would be catted.

You can think less of me, but I don't want to get it too loud that's why I am going with Corsa. Heard the SW is really loud.