Engine Oil Pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Braaaptor2012

Reaction score
Fellas, my oil pressure light keeps coming on the dash and the engine is fine, runs strong no skipping. Has anyone had this problem? I had the dealership put a new senor in and still it aluminizes on the dash.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Braaaptor2012

Reaction score
Oil Pressure Light

My oil pressure keeps illuminating even after taking it to the dealership for a new oil pressure senor. My truck has always ran strong even when the light comes on the dash. I've heard of Raptor's shutting down with this same problem, I just want it completely solved and I'm at a standstill on what to do. Anybody have the same dilemma?

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My oil pressure keeps illuminating even after taking it to the dealership for a new oil pressure senor. My truck has always ran strong even when the light comes on the dash. I've heard of Raptor's shutting down with this same problem, I just want it completely solved and I'm at a standstill on what to do...

Hi Braaaptor2012,

Let's see what I can do to help get your oil pressure light to behave itself. How many miles are on your truck?

Crystal

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Crystal = Knight in Shining Armor + The Lone Ranger + Van Helsing accompanied by the theme song for Bonanza.

:)

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Crystal = Knight in Shining Armor + The Lone Ranger + Van Helsing accompanied by the theme song for Bonanza.

:)

LOL! Thanks, Ruger! I've always thought I needed my own theme song, but the one from Bonanza should do nicely. ;)

Crystal

sandtrooper29

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine was doing it also. But gauge and center screen would also show low pressure. It would happen when I can to a stop and the truck idled down. It wouldn't do it ever time.

Funny thing is I replaced my battery and that seems to have fixed the problem.

raptor_qatar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My engine did that i kept ignoring it, it happened about once a week but it kept getting more frequent then i was racing and i already topped out at 220 KPH and suddenly i got the same message except this time the truck didnt start...
the oil pump broke and with no oil the crank shaft got totalled cost me quite a lot to get that fixed...
i assume you are not NA...
if so just replace the oil pump gears im sure the guys at JDM would be happy to help, not sure if what happened was directly related maybe just a coincidence but i say better to be safe than sorry.