Engine block heater cord location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a spot in the lower grill that is meant for a cord to go through, but I've never seen the unit to he plugged into

Yokota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done the obvious - RTFM, which tells everything about the proper cord to use, how long it takes to warm up, etc., but nothing about the location. It appears to have a heat blanket around the battery, too, but cannot find the cord. The book even says to put the plug cover back on after unplugging the extension cord - but looked everywhere and no 'plug or cord'. Will have to break down and ask the dealer. Thanks.

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's on the driver side frame rail in the center of the gap between the front cross member and the radiator. If they didn't install it the wire should be there just simply capped. If it's installed it will be obvious from below, coiled up and strapped nearby.

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep,what he said. If it is run all the way like it should be, It'll be easily visible behind the front bumper when the hood is up.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think that's a powered heat blanket around the battery, I think it's for shock absorption to keep the battery plates from being damaged by off-road excursions.

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think that's a powered heat blanket around the battery, I think it's for shock absorption to keep the battery plates from being damaged by off-road excursions.

Seriously? I never looked for a cord but the one on my Raptor looks the same as the one on my wifes Expedition. I honestly just assumed it was a heat pad for the battery? And I'm away from the truck for 3 weeks so I can't even go look at it!:emotions122:

Phill Pollard

Reaction score
According to the window sticker, my Raptor is supposed to come with an engine block heater. Any idea where the cord would be located if so equiped? TIA.

Thanks to all for the responses. My block heater 'extension cord' was in a seperate baggie. It attaches under the engine on the driver's side just in front of the front wheel. Then you need to snake it to the 'hole' in the lower grill on the left side of the license plate area and you are set. It connects to a three pin cable that has a cover protecting it. The owner's manual is good about how to use, when to use, how long to warm everything up, etc., but not where any of the cords or connects are located. Now we all know. Thanks, again.

It took the dealer Prep guy about 1/2 hour to find it on my truck. I had the cord in a bag in the cubby under the back seat but couldn't find the heater cord. He laid on his back and finally found it.

Up front, drivers side corner near the frame rail. I never connected mine so I can't say I've seen it, just where he showed it to me.

Good luck. They HIDE that little bastard.

Phill