Drone with exhausts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I do not have the resonator delete; I just have the sport muffler. As for whether or not it is officially drone, I can't say because the definition of drone isn't completely clear to me. I am not getting harmonic resonance that is making everything in the cabin vibrate, but the exhaust system does go from completely quiet at 75 MPH to a constantly audible noise at 80. It isn't bad or overly loud, but you do hear a constant tone like you hear when you put the exhaust from a no load situation to a light load.

I have tried everything to get rid of the gas pedal vibration and I won't stop trying until it goes away. It makes a very nice truck feel cheap and it drives me nuts!!!!!! My latest test was installing thick rubber washers under the three bolts last night. I haven't tested this fix, but based on previous experience, I am not optimistic.

Ah I see. I think mine has a slight "hum" to it at higher speeds as well, but it doesn't really bother me...it's just audible enough to let you know it's not the factory exhaust but not too intrusive.

Oh man you're in deep haha. If you're in the Detroit area anytime maybe we can drive each others vehicles to see what you're feeling...I honestly have never felt anything like that but maybe my foot is not as sensitive as yours? Have a good weekend.

OP
OP
Wizo

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The drone I got with borla on my srt was frustrating. It was significant enough for people to complain and for me to be annoyed by it. I average 80+ on most my trips. The sound at start up and when I got after it would make up for it but I don't want to revisit that.
The system I purchased was 1k - what's the difference in price for the ford exhaust? Can it be that much different to be significant in drone elimination. Makes me believe it's just rebranded.

When I had a corsa on my Chrysler 300 it was identical to the mopar exhaust.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The drone I got with borla on my srt was frustrating. It was significant enough for people to complain and for me to be annoyed by it. I average 80+ on most my trips. The sound at start up and when I got after it would make up for it but I don't want to revisit that.
The system I purchased was 1k - what's the difference in price for the ford exhaust? Can it be that much different to be significant in drone elimination. Makes me believe it's just rebranded.

When I had a corsa on my Chrysler 300 it was identical to the mopar exhaust.

It's not rebranded and it's completely a different exhaust setup. The FOMOCO uses a 2.75 inch pipe with a 3 inch passive exhaust valve, resonator and muffler.

Borla branded uses an x pipe with a pair of mufflers and no resonators.