Domed Carbon Interior Overlays by Tufskinz.

Thoughts?

• Looks great.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Looks bad.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Looks whatever.

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cyle

Reaction score
I was bored and ordered a Tufskinz CF domed center console dress up kit for my OEM CF package. I was hoping it would compliment the OEM CF, but honestly I'm kind of on the fence with it. If I decide to go this route, I'll be doing the center stack and screen border. Pics attached for those who are curious what the two different weaves look like together.

Tufskinz also offers a raw CF dress up kit that I like, but they look even more like a sticker to me without any dimension.
CF Without Flash.jpgCF With Flash.jpgSide by side.jpg

chris51080

Reaction score
Disappointing how the gen3 carbon doesn't really look like any CF that I'm used to seeing - even the gen2 carbon package got it right
You’re likely accustomed to a more common 2x2 weave. The raptor seems to use the 5HS weave.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Look up hydro-dipping in your area. From experience, those nooks and crannies are going to be disgusting after a while. Plus it looks tacky IMO.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, the Gen2 had better CF. The Gen3 looks really fake, but it's just not something I concentrate on.
Tufskinz makes CF for the black area behind the front driver and passenger door windows. Not the easiest thing to apply perfectly straight, especially around the door code buttons, but I did on my last Gen2. I liked it but when I remove them it was next to impossible, and the glue left was a nightmare. GooGone up the w a z o o and a few hours work to get it off.

My rescue lab mix, however, loves to lay from back to front across the center console and has really scratched the plastic running behind the cupholders so this seems like maybe a good solution to that. She rests her paw on the shifter. lol.

OP
OP
cyle

cyle

Reaction score
Yes, the Gen2 had better CF. The Gen3 looks really fake, but it's just not something I concentrate on.
Tufskinz makes CF for the black area behind the front driver and passenger door windows. Not the easiest thing to apply perfectly straight, especially around the door code buttons, but I did on my last Gen2. I liked it but when I remove them it was next to impossible, and the glue left was a nightmare. GooGone up the w a z o o and a few hours work to get it off.

My rescue lab mix, however, loves to lay from back to front across the center console and has really scratched the plastic running behind the cupholders so this seems like maybe a good solution to that. She rests her paw on the shifter. lol.
I decided to install the inserts solely because I had a few scuffed up pieces from the previous owner. I will say they have grown on me quite a bit.

For the pup I wouldn't recommend the domed carbon - the top resin coat is pliable/soft and I could easily see them being damaged from dog nails.

TufSkinz does offer a "raw" carbon which looks pretty neat. The only caveat being they lose some depth without the resin layer. Something worth exploring.

RollTigers

Reaction score
I ordered them too from the same company on my 23. None of it matches from the doors to the console to the outline of the info screen. It looks ok but cheap. They could have at least matched everything to the original manufacturer I mean come on,…. How difficult is that? Some of it is shiny rubber and other is a harder material. I liked it on the console in case I drop my coffee travel mug etc.