Do you guys think PPF is worth the expense on our trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, EXPEL film is pretty amazing. I had it installed on my wife’s car for almost 2-years and the front end still looks brand new.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
WOW, Lots of responses! Obviously a divided camp here. With me being annoyingly **** with my stuff, I think I'll be getting it. I have a real bad habit that if my stuff gets damaged, that's ALL I SEE until I fix it. Drive myself nuts sometimes. Glad to hear the self healing aspect is not ********. We have a ton of cinders and salt here in the winter, I know my company cars all got front pepper marks from the winters, but I don't really give a crap with company vehicles.

Thanks for all the feedback. :cheers:

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have anything against it other than the cost. $500 for all front facing surfaces and mirrors would be my limit for something like this. $1200, you're out of your mind!

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have anything against it other than the cost. $500 for all front facing surfaces and mirrors would be my limit for something like this. $1200, you're out of your mind!

So at $2000 you'd be back in the "all systems go" camp?

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, two additions. ‘’First, check out a guy named Bemaro. He travels to you and has incredible talent with ppf.

Second, self healing is a misnomer. I had a big dump of bird poop on hood of my C4 ppf. When I carefully sprayed it with bug and smudge removal by Griots garage, it required some rubbing with the softest microfiber towel to remove. I had parked and it was on the car for probably 8 hours or so. I did not have xpel but it was one of the top brands. The result was a burr or scratches over an inch sq area of the ppf. No way if I parked under the sun in the Death Valley would that heal itself. I was told to try a blow dryer on it.

As the old saying goes, I’d eat my hat if it worked. I never bothered as I traded it in. Perhaps a blow dryer would have. But it doesn’t do it all by its lonesome.

also, if you are ****, and I am about many things (my driveway is sloped down toward my house and yesterday coming back from Costco where they have a line outside and only let 50 or so in at a time, a real shit show, my wife said I’ll get the mail, so I stop at the top, she opens the door carefully but it slips out of her hand and swings open. No damage but I was not happy.) the seams being exposed are enough to make me crazy. Some installers wrap it in, most don’t.

Last edited:

CB6464

Reaction score
Mine came with from dealer and saved paint on nose and bumper a great deal. Had replaced recently when replaced bumpers and finding new product chipping more than original. If have the extra cash I suggest it.
More than anything wish I had put behind my front tires on fender and lower front doors. This is an area getting debris non stop - on and off road.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine came with from dealer and saved paint on nose and bumper a great deal. Had replaced recently when replaced bumpers and finding new product chipping more than original. If have the extra cash I suggest it.
More than anything wish I had put behind my front tires on fender and lower front doors. This is an area getting debris non stop - on and off road.
Simple yet effective mud flaps help a great deal with that issue.