Disable auto headlamps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve searched but haven’t seen anything.

Has anyone figured out a way to have the truck start without auto headlamps ?

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve always put electric tape over the photo light sensor on the center of the dash so the lights are always on. Technically, they are no longer auto that way. Not sure if that helps.

OP
OP
_M_

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve always put electric tape over the photo light sensor on the center of the dash so the lights are always on. Technically, they are no longer auto that way. Not sure if that helps.
Good idea but not what im looking for. I just want to be able to choose how my truck starts up. Lights on or off. Like every other Raptor I’ve had and every other vehicle. Even my Volvo let’s you choose and they are super automated

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt they will update at all. With all the cars I see around here running around in the middle of the night with nothing but the daytime running lamps on, I can understand why they've programmed it this way.

OP
OP
_M_

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt they will update at all. With all the cars I see around here running around in the middle of the night with nothing but the daytime running lamps on, I can understand why they've programmed it this way.
I see that occasionally too. It’s pretty rare though. The issue there is more the programming in DRLs. They are so bright now people think they sometimes have headlamps on. DRLs should deactivate when it’s dark.

Having the inability to start the truck without headlights on is a miss. There are many of us that need to start the truck up in the dark and don’t want the lights to come on

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see that occasionally too. It’s pretty rare though. The issue there is more the programming in DRLs. They are so bright now people think they sometimes have headlamps on. DRLs should deactivate when it’s dark.

Having the inability to start the truck without headlights on is a miss. There are many of us that need to start the truck up in the dark and don’t want the lights to come on
Mine remote starts with just the parking lamps on. Headlights don’t come on until I hit the start button to leave. Maybe it’s set wrong in your SYNC somewhere.

OP
OP
_M_

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine remote starts with just the parking lamps on. Headlights don’t come on until I hit the start button to leave. Maybe it’s set wrong in your SYNC somewhere.
Mine does the same. I don’t want mine going on at all when I hit start.