Diode Dynamics LED Lighting and Lighting Accessories

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SirCrush32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have hyper flash as well. Before I use those hot ass resistors I plan on doing the big 3 upgrade to see if that fixes it. Also, I'm swapping out my battery with some I have in the garage that was for another project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Memo

Reaction score
I have hyper flash as well. Before I use those hot ass resistors I plan on doing the big 3 upgrade to see if that fixes it. Also, I'm swapping out my battery with some I have in the garage that was for another project.

What is the "big 3 upgrade"?

I was reading on a older thread about guys getting rid of the hyperflash with some type of system upgrade. Not sure if it's down by a dealership or if a X4 device could accomplish the same?

SirCrush32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the "big 3 upgrade"?

I was reading on a older thread about guys getting rid of the hyperflash with some type of system upgrade. Not sure if it's down by a dealership or if a X4 device could accomplish the same?

Big 3 upgrade consist of running 0/1 gauge wiring to the battery, alternator and ground to the vehicle.

From reading about those resistors they get very hot so you have to find a place to install and make sure they can stay cool. Since I'm planning on installing quite a few light bars on my rigid I'm doing the big 3 for precautionary measures. I will probably go ahead an add a 2nd battery in the back of the truck as well.

We have a vendor on here that sells the Big 3 kit. @jokerz I got in the group buy so I don't know the cost of the kit now but I feel it's worth it.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Memo

Reaction score
I wasn't able to get to the resistor install right away, so I let it ride without. A few days later and I still haven't had any hyperflash since that first day, so I'm not going to install it until if and when it becomes a repetitive issue.

Interesting. Is this for the front or rear of the truck? What year is your truck? I have my front & rear led kit with resisters in the garage waiting to be installed but haven't had time to.

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting. Is this for the front or rear of the truck? What year is your truck? I have my front & rear led kit with resisters in the garage waiting to be installed but haven't had time to.

This is for the front blinkers. I have a 2013. I'll be getting the rear leds soon and I imagine I'll need the resistor then

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bumping this thread to see how everyone's LED's are working. These are amazing little lights and what you guys are doing with them is pretty cool. Keep the ideas coming and make sure to post any pics you have of installations.

Thanks!!!

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bumping this thread to see how everyone's LED's are working. These are amazing little lights and what you guys are doing with them is pretty cool. Keep the ideas coming and make sure to post any pics you have of installations.

Thanks!!!
I've been buying and installing Diode Dynamics leds for a while now in little batches, and here's my long winded review.

All mine are working great for the most part. Only strange one is one of my cargo lights will randomly stop working, then I slam my door and it'll kick back on. I think if I remember correctly the bulbs went in a little loose, and even when I first installed it, it didn't work and I had to shift it around a bit. Overall it works 99% of the time so I'm happy.

Back up lights are epic. My only regret is that I'd done them sooner.

All interior lighting is done. Only thing I noticed is that if you don't put tin foil behind the vanity light, because of the location of the actual led, you'll have no actual light output. With the foil, they're awesome.

I've only done the front marker lights and blinkers and those are amazing. I didn't install the resistor and I get sporadic hyperflash, usually when I'm sitting at a turn light and my blinker is on for a while, and it only occurs on one side... strange.

I plan on doing the rear tail lights and blinkers very soon. That's the last piece of the puzzle for me.

As a side note, everyone needs to know besides Chris @CrownOffroad and @2014RubyRed, who are great vendors and always willing to help, the actual company Diode Dynamics is excellent to deal with. I accidentally dragged one of my old bumper fog light harnesses down the road for MILES and mangled one of my $125 a pair H11 leds. 5 minutes on the phone with their customer service and I had a brand new set sent to me in 2 days for basically a steal of a price.

Overall, very pleased with the led project, and definitely worth while. Definitely get the brightest level of all the lights too, or you'll regret it later.

El Memo

Reaction score
I've been buying and installing Diode Dynamics leds for a while now in little batches, and here's my long winded review.

All mine are working great for the most part. Only strange one is one of my cargo lights will randomly stop working, then I slam my door and it'll kick back on. I think if I remember correctly the bulbs went in a little loose, and even when I first installed it, it didn't work and I had to shift it around a bit. Overall it works 99% of the time so I'm happy.

Back up lights are epic. My only regret is that I'd done them sooner.

All interior lighting is done. Only thing I noticed is that if you don't put tin foil behind the vanity light, because of the location of the actual led, you'll have no actual light output. With the foil, they're awesome.

I've only done the front marker lights and blinkers and those are amazing. I didn't install the resistor and I get sporadic hyperflash, usually when I'm sitting at a turn light and my blinker is on for a while, and it only occurs on one side... strange.

I plan on doing the rear tail lights and blinkers very soon. That's the last piece of the puzzle for me.

As a side note, everyone needs to know besides Chris @CrownOffroad and @2014RubyRed, who are great vendors and always willing to help, the actual company Diode Dynamics is excellent to deal with. I accidentally dragged one of my old bumper fog light harnesses down the road for MILES and mangled one of my $125 a pair H11 leds. 5 minutes on the phone with their customer service and I had a brand new set sent to me in 2 days for basically a steal of a price.

Overall, very pleased with the led project, and definitely worth while. Definitely get the brightest level of all the lights too, or you'll regret it later.
What bulb type did you go with for the reverse lights? For the vanity lights, just simply fold foil in the shape of the vanity? Had never heard of this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk