SAE Fog Light Shootout: Diode Dynamics vs. Baja Designs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
We put a post it note on a goat to tell you. Must not have made it there yet.
He ground down the horns, so the note probably fell off.

Yeah, I’ve had the upgrade done ( and have a spare set ) since earlier in the year. They’re a big improvement and I think the video above does them justice. Now, they’re not squadron pro’s, think ~ squadron sports, well aimed, but with a solid “cut off” to prevent blinding oncoming traffic. They help. Decent in rain, fog, dust. For road side critter illumination, they’re adequate, but I prefer squadron pro wide corner.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He ground down the horns, so the note probably fell off.

Yeah, I’ve had the upgrade done ( and have a spare set ) since earlier in the year. They’re a big improvement and I think the video above does them justice. Now, they’re not squadron pro’s, think ~ squadron sports, well aimed, but with a solid “cut off” to prevent blinding oncoming traffic. They help. Decent in rain, fog, dust. For road side critter illumination, they’re adequate, but I prefer squadron pro wide corner.
Did you do a clear lens or amber?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Both my sets are clear. I will try amber covers, they work great on the squadron pros. I was a bit worried about output with power level.
anyway, so far no regerts :)

Smokyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A plug for DD lighting, I have a pair of SSC2 sports, center mounted in the bumper hole on my 18’ and they’re awesome.
I use them more as DRLs than off road only. I also have amber lens covers that provide a nice option for fog and rain.
The real plus of DD is their customer service, simply outstanding.

IMG-5013.jpg

V/R
Smokey

Last edited:
OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Automotive Lighting Experts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jWlcRkN.jpg

3 DAYS LEFT FOR THE BIGGEST AND LAST SALE OF THE YEAR! ⏳

30% OFF Stage Series Single-Row Lightbars

20% OFF Sitewide

Plus - receive Free US Shipping with orders over $300!

No coupon code is required.

EUrH4n0.png

⏰ Sale ends on 12/1/23 at 11:59pm CST ⏰